'79 El Camino - DD SS1a is in

nah but the v6 was losing compression. just get a bigger size rim traction barscand the widest tire you can fit. my uncle had a 79 el camino with a 383 stroked motor and he had issues at first but he done alot of shit to make it hook up

That's part of the plan for the 81 but the fact that I run 215/70s on the 79 is probably why I have issues . I plan to use the 79 for audio and the 81 for performance anyway.

On another note, since this is a build log I'll share a few ideas. Got a couple sets of T3 audio T5S components and waiting to fab up some door panels until I get a couple 2 channels so I can run them active. They don't sound too bad on the passive crossovers but you know.

DSC01565_zps034b3654.jpg

DSC01566_zpsccc42dd9.jpg

In case anyone's wondering about the formica, this may give somewhat of an idea of what its like. Looks like construction paper in the pic but it has wood backing and is laminate on the white side. Gonna cut it and glue it tomorrow morning.

DSC01564_zpsa61570c3.jpg

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Just a 'lil share of my summer hot rod. 82 Elky. 406 SBC, TH700-R4, 3.42 gears ...

I've got a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/MP3 HU, Alpine Type-X 4" components (original Type-X's w/ 3/4" tweeters), two 12" Alpine Type-E subs in sealed, dual-chambered enclosure, running off a Kicker ZX550.3.

Very nice; looks super clean. What's it like under the hood?

Thanks for sharing btw.

'79 El Camino

Just a 'lil share of my summer hot rod. 82 Elky. 406 SBC, TH700-R4, 3.42 gears ...

I've got a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/MP3 HU, Alpine Type-X 4" components (original Type-X's w/ 3/4" tweeters), two 12" Alpine Type-E subs in sealed, dual-chambered enclosure, running off a Kicker ZX550.3.

Very nice; looks super clean. What's it like under the hood?

Thanks for sharing btw.

More82x3.jpg

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Jeeze, I'm a bit jealous of how clean it is. Gives me something to work toward through the years though.

I keep looking at the pic of the tailgate/rear bumper and can't figure out what's on the taillights.

'79 El Camino

gotta give some love for the Elcamino. always have been a huge fan of those "things".. truck or car who cares theyre badass and thats all that matters. on another note awesome craftsmanship on the enclosures. i have only begun to understand what and why a t-line is so tuned in for an education

gotta give some love for the Elcamino. always have been a huge fan of those "things".. truck or car who cares theyre badass and thats all that matters. on another note awesome craftsmanship on the enclosures. i have only begun to understand what and why a t-line is so tuned in for an education

I really appreciate the compliment. If you have any questions about t-lines, shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to help you learn what I know about them.

And now for a small update.

Decided I should test fit the top of the box to see how it'll fit and how tall I need to make the legs and I think it's about right. What do you think?

DSC01572_zpsb87e9dab.jpg

DSC01571_zps8a9a7594.jpg

Making a little progress on the box today too. Using contact cement to glue down the formica. I think it's working pretty slick so far; much easier than the sonotube. After all the corners have formica, gonna shoot some great stuff behind em to take up the empty space to eliminate secondary resonances.

DSC01569_zpsc9f92500.jpg

DSC01568_zps74deab40.jpg

More to come soon hopefully and as always, thanks for looking.

'79 El Camino

very nice build. my dad has a 71 camino ss clone. has a 383 stroker in it, rear end like to hop if he tries to do burnouts.DSCF1331.jpg

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

School has had me busy the past couple days but I got the box together and done. Things didn't turn out too great and I didn't get pictures, but there wasn't much more to see anyways. So the box just got some paint thrown its way and is about dry, going to get jumpers and wiring sorted out tonight. It would be going in the truck tonight if I didn't have to take both seats out to get it in so it'll go in first thing after I wake up tomorrow.

I'll have to get a video up once I get the settings about how I like them.

'79 El Camino

So everything is a go for tomorrow in regards to putting the box in the truck. Got the old temp system out (jl 8w1 tuned to 35 on a mtx tn250/1) and used the 8 gauge STC power wire from the amp as my new speaker wire/jumpers; I think it classed the look up a little. Here's a couple pics for those of you who enjoy them. It didn't turn out pretty as there are obvious imperfections but that's kinda the theme of the truck at this point. Still need to do some touch ups to edges that were rounded over and in the port, but that can be done later.

DSC01574_zps882733a4.jpg

DSC01575_zpsca9c4543.jpg

DSC01576_zps70f0a85b.jpg

Thanks for looking,

- Dion

'79 El Camino

In New York state, they are categorized as "Light Trucks", & can therefore be registered as commercial vehicles ... as they do have room for a payload.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Archived