Sergeant_Skyrim Posted May 29, 2012 Report Posted May 29, 2012 Alright, so now that I've got my ZCON 12 and am still in the process of getting everything together to install, I'm thinking that I should probably get some better mids and highs. I didn't bother to think before that I might not be able to hear my stock speakers over the ZCON so now I'm looking at a couple different things right now. I happened to stumble across these tweets http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Speakers/2-Pairs-Quantum-Audio-QS2TW-1-Swivel-Dome-Car-Tweeters-w---Built-In-Crossovers/(2)+QS2TW.aspx I have researched passive crossovers (these tweeters say that they have them built in). I didn't see anywhere on the page where it said the built in crossover was set to, so I was wondering how I'd go about finding that out. I also don't know where I'd mount them yet, but I was looking at the Rockford 300.4 amp to run them. Would do 2 tweeters per channel at 2 ohms so 75 watts RMS each. So that's 2 pairs both wired down to 2 ohms on 2 of the channels for the amp (http://www.audiosavings.com/products/4-Channel-Car-Amplifier/Rockford-Fosgate-R300-4-300-Watt-RMS-4-Channel-Amplifier-Car-Audio-Amp-R3004/R300-4.aspx) I'd still have 2 more channels available and was thinking that I might try running a pair of midrange drivers or something at either 2 ohms or 4 ohms per pair. Still looking at midrange drivers so I won't have any posted yet until I find some. My main overall question at this point is: Does this look like a good start for setting up some mids and highs in my ride? Build in progress
ham4864 Posted May 30, 2012 Report Posted May 30, 2012 they look good but the rms on the tweets are only 35watts. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Ddub847 Posted May 30, 2012 Report Posted May 30, 2012 parts express has a decent cheap focal midbass driver
IBleedMusick Posted May 30, 2012 Report Posted May 30, 2012 I don't have any experience with those but I would be interested to see them take more than 40-50wrms for $25. As far as the focals they are a good cheap alternative mid range and if done right will sound great. If your amp is active capable then you don't need to run passive crossovers the amp will do all the freq setting for you if not you could always run an external crossover pretty good choices that wont break the bank. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted May 31, 2012 Author Report Posted May 31, 2012 Thanks for the help guys, and I'm not looking to have my mids and highs killing me, just keeping up with the bass haha Build in progress
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.