Sonic Electronix

stock tweeters....you have a stock radio? No amp?

Nope, I have a Kenwood KDC X395, Alpine Spr 69 and Spr 60s. Jl Audio JX 360/4 amp for those.. Just never really payed much attention to the tweeters in the door

'

Size of the tweeters?

Not sure what size man

I THINK they are 3/4, but not completey sure

Reason I ask because if you want maintain stock housing for the new tweets you will need to either get the matching size or mod them. You can look for some good 1" silk dome tweets. What kind of power are you looking for and whats your budget?

I honestly have no clue man..like I said I've never had any previous experience with them.. Wouldn't even know where to start.. Don't want to blow the bank with most expensive stuff on the market..but I would also want something fairly good

Well you could just get the Alpine SPR60c which is the component version of what you currently have and go from there. This was you have the crossovers needed to just wire it to the amp. That would be the easiest way rather than trying to find tweeters and crossover points to match em. Either that or you could buy a set of tweets and some bass blockers and then run them to an open channel on the amp. I am not sure what your budget is so it's hard to give ideas

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Well you could just get the Alpine SPR60c which is the component version of what you currently have and go from there. This was you have the crossovers needed to just wire it to the amp. That would be the easiest way rather than trying to find tweeters and crossover points to match em. Either that or you could buy a set of tweets and some bass blockers and then run them to an open channel on the amp. I am not sure what your budget is so it's hard to give ideas

Alrighty..I think I'm catching on here. I mean..how much would you recommend spending on some? (disregard the budget for now)

These come in 8 or 4ohm... and i have never seen or heard em... but look great... . and want some of my own...being they are rebuildable, seems very neat..

http://www.rockfordf...x?itemid=223202

Theres a shit ton out there man....let us know what way ya lean and good luck

Edited by KyLar96

These come in 8 or 4ohm... and i have never seen or heard em... but look great... . and want some of my own...being they are rebuildable, seems very neat..

Alrighty, definitely will do! Gonna do a good amount of research and I'll keep you all posted with what I decide to do, thanks to everyone for the help!

Alrighty, definitely will do! Gonna do a good amount of research and I'll keep you all posted with what I decide to do, thanks to everyone for the help!

LOL, Kylar suggested the super tweets that's definitely doing it big. I was thinking about getting some of those. Yeah you can run something that big but if you wanted to keep everything low key and stockish look for tweets that fit your stock housing or come close to it. As far as how much honestly I can't say because there are so many budgets. Price tag makes it easier to narrow down my suggestions.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

That's on me... I saw " disregard" and just tossed it out there..

IBM is correct in, that a price range, and also knowing the size your running in the current location would be good info to help...

Edited by KyLar96

Those tweeters look pretty bitchin man, that wouldn't be a bad price. I just said disregard because I have absolutely no clue when it comes to tweeters.. My bad guys... What would be a step down from super tweeters? I believe that they are 3/4

Those tweeters look pretty bitchin man, that wouldn't be a bad price. I just said disregard because I have absolutely no clue when it comes to tweeters.. My bad guys... What would be a step down from super tweeters? I believe that they are 3/4

Honestly if you have the cash to spend go with a nice comp set like some RF T2's or similar.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif