ive heard its n bits about spec clutchs. some good and some bad. the worse one was a guy shattering the pressure plate on launch at the track... how much hp you putting down to the tire?

IMO, id go with a kelver or centerforce clutch. i have a centerforce one in my 01 GT and love it, its stiff but never have problems out of it.

edit: when i mean kelver i mean the clutch face being kelver. ive never ran one but ive heard good things.

Edited by boostin302

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Had a spec in my and talon. a 6puck sprung unit it held way more power than the act full face the was in it. the only prim i had is the first clutch plate they sent had a slight warp to it and would cause the tyranny to bind and get stuck it took a comealong tied to the wall to pull it back off they took cater of it of course installed the new one and never had a problem.

I had a spec 3 in my 04 Cobra and loved it. So people have had problems with shuddering type issues when leaving from a stop. I usually left a little more aggressive and had no issues, but they do have a tendency to shudder with a slow slipping type of application (ie. leaving a light like Ms Daisy). Mine held up to 600+ at the rear wheel with no problems at all for well over a year of good abuse.