Help needed in making a box for my car

Hey guys my name is Zack just joined today been watching Steve`s YouTube videos forever and was blown away by some of the stuff that has been done, just amazing. Any way i have a 2002 kia sportage (pos i know but its my pos lol) i was playing around with the idea of of building a custom box to fit in the back but im stuck asking my self were do i get started so had moving boxes in my car from when i helped my friend move, i wondered what i wanted as far as a box so i started cutting at the ends of the boxs trying to get it tight to eather side and i love the way it looks and i figured id have an inset peice for the amps mabie?

so what im realy asking i guess is were do i get started?

right now im working off getto stuff ie house speakers hooked to the stock radio

just got sony head unit and an old school solo baric sqaure kicker that my uncle had in his garage

its only a ten inch but i remember when he had the one hooked up to a 600 watt amp and it was decent

he has two but only gave one up because he knows they dont make the subs like that any more

now i dont want so much power im ganna be turnin heads (ok i do but my wife would kill me sumthin bout goin deff bla bla)

i want it to sound like a movie theater in my car

what all would i need for a cheapish build with good performance?

my current system setup

radio:Sony cdx-gt260mp

speakers:stock

Tweeters:stock

subs:none 600 watt

amp:old school 10 inch solo baric kicker

If you are basically just starting with a 10 inch subwoofer and a head unit, you will need an amp, possibly some kind of door speakers unless you want to use your stock ones. Wire for the amp, get the specs on the manufacturers recommended box volume size for your sub, build a subwoofer box. You will need rca's, power wire, ground wire, remote wire for the amp. That ought to keep you busy for awhile, hope it helps.

If you are basically just starting with a 10 inch subwoofer and a head unit, you will need an amp, possibly some kind of door speakers unless you want to use your stock ones. Wire for the amp, get the specs on the manufacturers recommended box volume size for your sub, build a subwoofer box. You will need rca's, power wire, ground wire, remote wire for the amp. That ought to keep you busy for awhile, hope it helps.

Yea got the ten inch got and amp head unit and wires only thing I need to get started is a dash install kit witch I can't frigging find any ware and a wireing harness adapter

my current system setup

radio:Sony cdx-gt260mp

speakers:stock

Tweeters:stock

subs:none 600 watt

amp:old school 10 inch solo baric kicker

Archived