Sonic Electronix

Need Help On Re Mt 18" Box Size (pics Added)

132sq" of port area(12/cube), 9"long will give 5.48cubes/sub net tuned to 38.21hz...but u gotta figure some bracing and maybe a double baffle...so things could change...

Ooo whats this? You have faith in me amatt? lol Thats what i wanna hear....Ok amatt help me with these questions

1. What would take less air space, double baffle OR bracing? I think doble baffle.

2. Were to put the port?

Also i MIGHT be able to make the dimensions a little bigger, like one inch each way.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

if u did double baffle u would probably see ur volume go down by about .2cubes per sub and need to make ur port an inch longer...

that would probably be the way to go...double baffle with thread rod for bracing...and from the looks of your pics you could either port front/back/or top....i mean if you have two subs then might as well give it a shot i guess...i still think its too small..but what the hell...who wouldnt want two 18s in their trunk

i likes me some audio stuff...

if u did double baffle u would probably see ur volume go down by about .2cubes per sub and need to make ur port an inch longer...

that would probably be the way to go...double baffle with thread rod for bracing...and from the looks of your pics you could either port front/back/or top....i mean if you have two subs then might as well give it a shot i guess...i still think its too small..but what the hell...who wouldnt want two 18s in their trunk

EXACTLY. I can at least try it since i got the subs already. And if i do some thinking i could possibly get 6 cubes per woofer, thats about what RE calls for minimum. Ok now about the port. If i did it up should it be at the end of the box toward my seats? Or should i just do it on the end going up and down, that was when the rear seat comes down the port would go right into the cabin?

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric B @ Dec 31 2007, 04:28 PM) 221301[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well send them into Scott at Fi to recone/rebasket them to 15s. With that dual 18 box idea you have, it appears itll fill your trunk completely and not let much sound out into the cabin of the car, where 2 15s would allow a lil more room for the sound to travel and get loud in the cabin. Just my .02

i understand everyones point and respaect your opinions but come on everyone told steve 2 18's would not fit in a civic. so STOP telling us to use 15's we already have the 18's. im not trying to be a dick but he knows what he wants and that is what we are gonna do. so back to the original question. can anyone help with port placement and size for 12.3 cubes tuned to 38 hertz

Steve also ran alot of power to them...If I remember right you said he was gunna run bxi2606 to each? With a smaller box your gunna need more power those Hifonics wont be enough imo...its possible with the box size your just gunna need power to compensate...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Dec 31 2007, 03:36 PM) 221401[/snapback]
Steve also ran alot of power to them...If I remember right you said he was gunna run bxi2606 to each? With a smaller box your gunna need more power those Hifonics wont be enough imo...its possible with the box size your just gunna need power to compensate...

i agree

i likes me some audio stuff...

if u can fit it firing into the cabin then i would def. do that

Yea the way the box would be, the skinny end far away from the subs is right up against the back seats, the middle part folds down and the port would be right there.

Also sicne you guys are saying it will work, but with more power. I think im still gonna do it, just have to use bigger amps.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg