Sonic Electronix

Need Help On Re Mt 18" Box Size (pics Added)

Quick question. I have two RE MT 18"s that i am planning on putting in the trunk of a 98 catera. I MUST build two seperate boxes because i wont be able to fit one large box in all at once. So my main question is, what is tha absolute MINIMUM space for each woofer? I plan on porting both. My MAX box size for each woofer is going to be 4.5 cubes BEFOR port and sub diplcment. So will this be possible? thanks

EDIT: Ok so i did some google sketch up pics of exactly what the box should look like. The cut outs in the rear are fort the shock towers and the exaust hump.

The total net cubes is 12.3 with out the port. So now i need help on were to place the port. I want tunning at about 38Hz. The port MUST either go on the top, sides, or end of the box that faces the cabin, i can also fold down by back seats so thats why i was thinking about doing it there. Basicly with subs up what way will be the loudest?

finishnoport.jpg

finishnoport2.jpg

finishnoport3.jpg

finishnoport4.jpg

Here is what the trunk looks like, again this is NOT a pic of my car.

25e1_3.jpg

Here IS a pic of my trunk with my current boc pulled out..The spaire tire location is were batts are going

caryscaddy001.jpg

Thanks for the help guys....O and BTW, as soon as this build is planned out, it will start so give some help, and receive some build pics lol

Edited by kbreudi

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

6.5 at a minium each after port and woofer displacment

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I Don't know what the suggested box size is for the MT but even if what you have to work with is smaller it is still possible you just won't be getting as much as you can out of them. It will still sound pretty good though.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

any way you could afford more power?

Well i might... I was planning on two hifonics brutus 2607. Rated at 2600 rms, so i geussed about 2200. O and by the way i re did some measurements and i MIGHT be able to do one large 12 cube box.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg

id listen to ray...step down to the 15s and u will probably be happier...imo 4.5cubes for an 18"mt that is only gettin 2200watts is to small

Well my main goal is to fit it all in the trunk of sedan, back seats still intact, almost stealth. I already have both 18's sitting in my room (well one is on the way with UPS). I redid some measureing i i can pull off a net of 12.5 cubes, one large box.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg

Small Box - High Power

Large Box - Low Power

But I wouldn't do anything less than 5 cubes minimum or you're just defeating the purpose of having 18s.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos