Sonic Electronix

Need Help On Re Mt 18" Box Size (pics Added)

like he said any input. i am the co-builder on this project and i figured SMD would be all over this. as far as i know this is a first ever. 2 RE Mt 18's on the trunk. we need to figure out where to put the port and possibly what size for like 38hz i think he wants. WE NEED HELP. anything what so ever. we know our dimensions and the cubic feet, we just need to know where to place the port. dont let us down guys. (as i wipe my lonely little tear) :blush:

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Dec 31 2007, 01:37 AM) 221147[/snapback]
step down to 15s, youll be happier...that box will fill your trunk and possibly wont get as loud as 2 15s could....

Cant, already got the 18's bro. It would be extremly hard to resell them and find some 15's. Im set with the 18's.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Dec 31 2007, 12:37 AM) 221147[/snapback]
step down to 15s, youll be happier...that box will fill your trunk and possibly wont get as loud as 2 15s could....

X2!!!

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matt B @ Dec 31 2007, 01:37 AM) 221147[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->step down to 15s, youll be happier...that box will fill your trunk and possibly wont get as loud as 2 15s could....

Cant, already got the 18's bro. It would be extremly hard to resell them and find some 15's. Im set with the 18's.

Well send them into Scott at Fi to recone/rebasket them to 15s. With that dual 18 box idea you have, it appears itll fill your trunk completely and not let much sound out into the cabin of the car, where 2 15s would allow a lil more room for the sound to travel and get loud in the cabin. Just my .02

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Dec 31 2007, 04:28 PM) 221301[/snapback]
Well send them into Scott at Fi to recone/rebasket them to 15s. With that dual 18 box idea you have, it appears itll fill your trunk completely and not let much sound out into the cabin of the car, where 2 15s would allow a lil more room for the sound to travel and get loud in the cabin. Just my .02

i understand everyones point and respaect your opinions but come on everyone told steve 2 18's would not fit in a civic. so STOP telling us to use 15's we already have the 18's. im not trying to be a dick but he knows what he wants and that is what we are gonna do. so back to the original question. can anyone help with port placement and size for 12.3 cubes tuned to 38 hertz

----reference's----

meade916

hey man im too lazy to read all these replies but just use one, sell off the other or keep as a backup.. when i saw 4.5 max per woof i cringed.. use the 1 with a good 7 cubes.. trust me you wont be dissapointed.. plus the wow factor when you tell someone youre only running one sub is priceless.

Edited by suburban ant

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

hey man im too lazy to read all these replies but just use one, sell off the other or keep as a backup.. when i saw 4.5 max per woof i cringed.. use the 1 with a good 7 cubes.. trust me you wont be dissapointed.. plus the wow factor when you tell someone youre only running one sub is priceless.

Yea thats true, but what kind of numbers could i hit? I want to do 149 bass race. IF i do only use one sub, that will give me more room (and money) to use more amps/ bigger amps.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg