Sonic Electronix

Which Would Be My Best Bet?

Alright right now I am in the 140s (141.3@46hz and 142.8@56hz, legal) on the TL with a pre-fab box, and all stock electrical besides my BatCap, I am looking to bass race 149 and maybe enter low 150's, even 150.1 would be nice haha.

I was told that if I upgrade my Alternator, add a battery in the back, and built a custom box my score now would maybe go up around 1-1.5 dbs. So I added the Alt in front it is a 200 amp HO and my voltage no longer dips on low notes and I added a Stinger SP1000 in the back. Now that I have done this on TL I scored 143.3@56Hz, still in a prefab box.

Now I am looking to upgrade. And I was wondering what everyone thought would be a better route to go.

My first option is buy two new amps and 2 more T5's so I would have 4 15's.

Second option would be two DC Level 4 18's

And third would be 4 RE SX 12s.

So I would just like to know which option do you think would get me closer to my goal?

Also I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is right if not feel free to move it.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

1st off you are going to want to change the box. It may take you more then a few designs to see where your truck is the loudest. Once you have exhausted the different box designs and have gotten every tenth out of your system, then look into new gear.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

As far as amps go I would get 2 Soundstream PCA-2000Ds if I went with 4 15's, and if I went with 4 12s I would get an XXV colossus, probably get a vfl 200.1 for the DC's. And yah I know my next step is going to be a custom box and then we will see where that gets me.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Archived