Opinions needed on Knukoncepts KCA wire

figure your current draw will be good up to about 250 amps. I dont really like knu wire. It annoys the shit out of me to work with because they make it oversized and it doesnt fit ring terminals for shit.

This. It carries the current they claim but it's big as fuck. I had to trim almost half of my 4 gauge KCA to fit into my AQ 4x90.

EDIT: I also have Kolossus (did I spell that right?) 4 gauge and it's a little more flexible and a little smaller. It has no problems fitting into the same amp.

for the money and time to install i wouldn't go for cca , you can get a basic 0 gauge amp kit made by rockford fosgate for about $100 give or take , the fact that rf will give an additional year of warranty on their amp for using their wiring kit should suggest that maybe rf's amp wire kits are good quality . here's another thought , when i asked about cca someone answered that 2 runs of 0 gauge cca would equal the capacity of 1 run of copper 0 gauge as far as current capacity in amperage .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200600514772?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

haha that extra warranty doesnt mean anything other than a marketing ploy to get you to buy the wiring kits lol "hey if you spend more of your money on our product well throw in an extra year warranty" lol not hating just stating how it is...

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

for the money and time to install i wouldn't go for cca , you can get a basic 0 gauge amp kit made by rockford fosgate for about $100 give or take , the fact that rf will give an additional year of warranty on their amp for using their wiring kit should suggest that maybe rf's amp wire kits are good quality . here's another thought , when i asked about cca someone answered that 2 runs of 0 gauge cca would equal the capacity of 1 run of copper 0 gauge as far as current capacity in amperage .

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

I'm ONLY talking about Knukonceptz here, not any other brand.

KCA 1/0 Kit is 59.99 (plus like 14 bucks shipping) and is rated to carry 250 amps.

Kolossus Flex is 104.99 (plus the same shipping and is rated to carry 300 amps.

Now you may factor in a little more voltage drop but...50 amps for almost 50 dollars? If you're competing maybe its worth it, but I don't think the average guy with a nice daily system is going to notice. Now if you step it up to 2 KCA kits, they will definitely carry more current than the one Kolossus Flex kit, so...?

At one point in time aluminum wire was banned for use in home building because it caused fires due to the resistance, that was a long time ago though and wire makers have since changed the alloys involved with it to make it safe for home use.

So it's not exactly as terrible as it once was? I'm going to be running a bc2000 at either 1 ohm or .5 ohm and a 100.4 along with the big 3 and battery in the back. With that being said would the KCA wire be suited for this or no?

Yeah its fine, they make the wire larger for a reason so dont think they are just being nice and giving you extra.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

I'm ONLY talking about Knukonceptz here, not any other brand.

KCA 1/0 Kit is 59.99 (plus like 14 bucks shipping) and is rated to carry 250 amps.

Kolossus Flex is 104.99 (plus the same shipping and is rated to carry 300 amps.

Now you may factor in a little more voltage drop but...50 amps for almost 50 dollars? If you're competing maybe its worth it, but I don't think the average guy with a nice daily system is going to notice. Now if you step it up to 2 KCA kits, they will definitely carry more current than the one Kolossus Flex kit, so...?

Even people that dont compete have multiple wire runs, so that 50 amps x multiple wire runs adds up.

Yea but if you are drawing over 250amps than I'm sure its within your budget to buy OFC 0gauge.

He is running a hifonics 2000w amp. Maybe a 166 amp draw if running at 2000wrms. I dont think the difference between OFC and CCA cable will come in to play really. If so its probably negligable espcially if he has a second battery in back.

Edit: Misread...so even with it a .5 ohm and with the 100.4 amp still not at that 250 mark yet. Plus he said battery in the back so how long will this run of wire be..3-4 feet....my run off my second battery is ony 12 inches long.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived