i was going to lift my yota but dont have the money and i like a nice lowered mini truck. before i get replies like "why would you drop a 4x4" i live in an area that gets a bunch of snow in winter so i need it.

now to the the lowering part. from what ive read 2wd yotas came factory with the leafs under the axle and 4x4's had the leafs over the axle could i just take the leafs off and put them back on under the axle?

For the front a tech at the toyota garage said that i could safley uncrank the t bars for 3in of drop so thats what im going to do.

BOOZE IS FOOD

It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure everything is properly torqued down afterward and after a little bit of driving, re-torque everything down. Oh and make sure you use jack stands and be safe. I knew a kid who was crushed under his car and died from not using jack stands.

You're going to need to weld on new perches in the rear, also may need to shorten the front and maybe rear driveshaft. Check the front end for possible steering interference. I wouldn't crank the torsion bars that much. Look for new keys that will reposition it far enough for you. Might also need to re gear the diffs depending on if you go to a smaller tire and how much smaller.

so you think ill need new shackles in the back? i was going to get off road 26mm t bars and then uncrank them so it will still feel like stock ride because of the higher spring rate. already have new shocks front and back, new sway bar. my axle's have 4.10's

BOOZE IS FOOD

I had previsouly did the zuk mod (jeep xj coils in back to help with heavy loads) so i cut those out they gave me 5" lift the back . Brought it back to where it was with original saggy leafs and lowered the front 2". I like it so far you no longer have to hop up into it now you set down in it. The axle flip might be coming up next week

BOOZE IS FOOD