Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA-12's and Skar VVX 12's D4 TERMLAB SCORES and review

Nice review.

Whats the recommended box size of both and do you think the skar has some room for improvement if say the box was built to a different spec?

And if so what specs?

I have a skar 15 vvx in my closet and when i get around to i want to know what they like.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Nice review.

Whats the recommended box size of both and do you think the skar has some room for improvement if say the box was built to a different spec?

And if so what specs?

I have a skar 15 vvx in my closet and when i get around to i want to know what they like.

The skar didn't like how low the box was tuned. being a lower FS woofer..I think its the FS, anyways it plays lower. In my buddies prefab we compared the two and the skars sounded cleaner and surprisingly louder than the sundowns in the smaller prefab box. I would suggest tuning your box to around 35hz to maximize the skars sound quality and SPL.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

That is odd since i heard skars actually worked better in bigger boxes compared to their recommended specs.

What was your buddy's prefab box specs?

I did try the skar in a 36hz ported box 3.5 cubes net but just didnt hit the 38hz-50hz notes as hard as i wanted it to compared to a kicker i had laying around.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

That is odd since i heard skars actually worked better in bigger boxes compared to their recommended specs.

What was your buddy's prefab box specs?

I did try the skar in a 36hz ported box 3.5 cubes net but just didnt hit the 38hz-50hz notes as hard as i wanted it to compared to a kicker i had laying around.

not 100% on the prefab specs but it was two separate ported enclosures. around 1.5 cubes each and ported to id say 35-37 hz

BTW Termlab scores TOMORROW! courtesy of Del Rey Customs...my box is still broken but atleast we'll get some scores up

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• 1 month later...

Archived