alaskanzx5 rockford build in a ford focus.

well, seeing as to how this is a long build and ive got everything but the make it look clean part done as far as the bass goes (mids & highs still need amp + more maybe ) im gonna go ahead and make a build log.

the equipment

sub amp -- rf t1500.1bdcp

subs -- 2 rf t2d412"

sub enclosure -- custom, 4.3cuft tuned high at 45hz 16.xx per foot. slot port. plays into the low 30 decently but anything from about 35-50hz sound real good.

door amp -- rf t400.4bd ( gotta buy )

door speakers -- rf t1 6x8 front and rear ( want a set of t2 6.5 componets for the front )

head unit -- pioneer dont remeber model number but it was one of the nicer hu's in 08 ( dang that thing is old now )

rf hybrid 10farad cap

micheal singer 250 amp alt. doing big 3 soon just got wires for it.

batteries

intersate starting battery 550 cca if i remember right.

interstate rv deep cycle 65ah

will be buying an xspower d3100 for under the hood and most likely a second one for the back.

wires

rf 1/0 front to back power wire

rf 1/0 ground

rf 4gauge from battery to cap - upgrading with 1/0

rf 4 guage from cap to amp

rf 8 guage from amp to subs

will be using 16 gauge for doors

so everything isnt perfect but this is all a learning experience for me. but without more delay some pics.

the car, getting it ready for paint going with the same stock color. wont be painting it untill sometime october/november.

newbumperandoldbumper.jpg

readyforsummer.jpg

newheadlights.jpg

the box

dry fitting

newboxconstruction-1.jpg

newboxconstruction.jpg

theboxinthecar.jpg

box45hzsnip.png

just a rough draft of how it could look measurements might have changed from this sketchup i dont remember for sure though.

boxdesignsnip.png

2 short videos

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If that was you yesterday...it looked like your box was getting choked. Port looked like it was right against the hatch.

I was the guy in the gold Rocawear track jacket.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

yeah it was me. i moved it further away from the hatch and did a 143.4 then pushed it agiant the hatch and did a 144. left it like that till the end of the comp but now its facing up almost right at the hatch window and sounds a lot better and is a good amount louder. gonna go down to image audio later this week ( hopefully wednessday ) and have it tested agian. gotta find that sweet spot for the box.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I like the demoing in Fred Meyers parking lot. I think I recognize your car from coming through the McDonald's drive thru at night. I work there 9pm-5am and if it is you I remember talking to you about your set up. Might be a different guy but looks like the same car.

lol, its not realy demoing in the fred myers lot i work there at night so when we do the parking lot i like to listen to it. make adjustments and everything. but yeah everyonce in a while i will go through mcdonalds to take breakfast home to the wife and kids on my lunch break.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

considering to build another box but tune a bit lower. right around 38-40hz maybe. i will have to wait to see what im doing now since i turned the box. sounds louder but that doesnt always mean it is louder.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets