Sundown Audio

gain remote question

idk which amp you have but i kept my gain remote all the way down with the gain all the way down and it didnt seem to change much but the higher my gain was it seemed like it did more for the remote if that helps id say yes turn the gain up just maybe not all the way ever

The gain knob is an attenuator - it only decreases the signal, not increases it. With the knob all the way up - it will act like it's unplugged and will go no higher than the gain setting on the amp.

If you are tuning your amp, turn the knob all the way up, tune, and done.

The gain knob is an attenuator - it only decreases the signal, not increases it. With the knob all the way up - it will act like it's unplugged and will go no higher than the gain setting on the amp.

so if I was to use the gain remote all the time to adjust the gain as I please, all i need to do is turn my amp gain all the way up and then use my remote to adjust the gain for the specific song? Edited by 13mwolson

Yea you could do that...i did it for a little while on my old setup..same amp. But if it gets unplugged for anyreason things can get bad pretty fast. lol.

Your better off adjusting your gain without the knob plugged in...maybe adjust it a tad higher for songs that are lacking. Than you can use the knob to turn it down on songs that are more bass intensive but the difference wont be so huge that if it gets unplugged it starts clipping to shit.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yea you could do that...i did it for a little while on my old setup..same amp. But if it gets unplugged for anyreason things can get bad pretty fast. lol.

Your better off adjusting your gain without the knob plugged in...maybe adjust it a tad higher for songs that are lacking. Than you can use the knob to turn it down on songs that are more bass intensive but the difference wont be so huge that if it gets unplugged it starts clipping to shit.

so say the gain was set at 75% on the amp, and i plugged in the gain remote and turned it all the way up. it would still only be using 75% gain since that's what it was it is set on the amp? or would the remote be superior to the amp knob and turn the gain up to 100%? Edited by 13mwolson

Youre right, your gain knob only works to the same place as your amp. So yeah of your amp is set at 75% then your remote won't go higher then that. Some amps when the remote is turned to full, it is only 75%. But on some turning the remote passed 75% will do nothing.

Youre right, your gain knob only works to the same place as your amp. So yeah of your amp is set at 75% then your remote won't go higher then that. Some amps when the remote is turned to full, it is only 75%. But on some turning the remote passed 75% will do nothing.

i have a sundown saz 1500d. im going to tune my amp today and ill prob just keep it right around 75% and use the remote gain. just to get this straight, if i have the remote gain all the way up it will only be at 75%gain because that is what the amp is set at?

yeah but dont just turn your gain to 75%

actually tune it

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

so if I was to use the gain remote all the time to adjust the gain as I please, all i need to do is turn my amp gain all the way up and then use my remote to adjust the gain for the specific song?

What I do is turn the remote all the way up and adjust the gain with a -10db tone. Then I play a song and turn the knob down so it doesn't clip. It's less risky than having the gain all the way up