Second Skin Audio

Bigger box?

also another thing to consider is adding another sub,

it will make building the box a lot easier, if you want port/sub to face same direction, it's hard to get a good high to width ratio,

your amp will handle it and not need upgrading and 600-700 a piece @ 1ohm (depending on what your current ohm sub is) even at @ ohm they will still hit hard

i dont know what your definition of the lows is but with 1 8 that is hard to do. at least personally 1 8 cant give me th elows i like. pretty much you have to tune lower to protect the speaker and its suspension. tuning lower drops the f3 point of the enclosure and will let you play lower safer.

To clarify - 1 8 does not give you the OUTPUT you like. There are plenty of 8's that will produce good bass down low.

I have a pair of 6.5" drivers in a ported box playing flat to 28 Hz in open space (no cabin gain). They only make 110 dB, but they will get low.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Is this box in the trunk of car

And you say Aq1200, is that current mdl amp and what ohm sub did you get

Yes, Its in the trunk of a 2004 Saturn Ion 2(the coupe one). What do you mean by mdl amp? And D2.

also another thing to consider is adding another sub,

it will make building the box a lot easier, if you want port/sub to face same direction, it's hard to get a good high to width ratio,

your amp will handle it and not need upgrading and 600-700 a piece @ 1ohm (depending on what your current ohm sub is) even at @ ohm they will still hit hard

When money comes around, I plan on adding another sub/maybe bigger amp also. But I made a deal with my gf first, I spend around 450 for everything I need, she gets a nice new $700 camera. Just awesome. :)

My Max dimensions are 15 h, 40 w and 20 d.

Really easy to make it work in those dimensions...

james_wagstaff93hotmailcom-D.png

You sir, are awesome. PM coming. :)

Sub Stage:

Sa-8 V.2 in a .72 cu ft box tuned to 33 hz

AQ 1200D

Upgrades:

Big 3

Battery

Bought from: Kevin@skaraudio, RooTxBeeR, UtkNate, dgaf

i dont know what your definition of the lows is but with 1 8 that is hard to do. at least personally 1 8 cant give me th elows i like. pretty much you have to tune lower to protect the speaker and its suspension. tuning lower drops the f3 point of the enclosure and will let you play lower safer.

To clarify - 1 8 does not give you the OUTPUT you like. There are plenty of 8's that will produce good bass down low.

I have a pair of 6.5" drivers in a ported box playing flat to 28 Hz in open space (no cabin gain). They only make 110 dB, but they will get low.

Thats exactly it. I met up with a guy here in Az and let him listen to it. He was surprised how low and decently loud it got. He has 2 lvl4 18 on a 2500 watt amp. As a newb, I'm ok with it. B)

Sub Stage:

Sa-8 V.2 in a .72 cu ft box tuned to 33 hz

AQ 1200D

Upgrades:

Big 3

Battery

Bought from: Kevin@skaraudio, RooTxBeeR, UtkNate, dgaf