if you got an accurate reading of 8 volts from your battery that is probably not enough for the computer to operate or any other systems .one way i test an alternator as far as working or not is get it running and carefully disconnect the battery if the engine dies after you disconnect the battery the alt is not charging and the engine and everything was running off the batt

if you got an accurate reading of 8 volts from your battery that is probably not enough for the computer to operate or any other systems .one way i test an alternator as far as working or not is get it running and carefully disconnect the battery if the engine dies after you disconnect the battery the alt is not charging and the engine and everything was running off the batt

this is true. a battery shouldn't just up and die like that in 3 months. your alt not charging could be the main cause.

the car wont even start so i can do that, and i thought if i put the meter to pos and neg of alt it would tell if alt is good or not. and i was wondering the same thing, idk what would cause the battery (if thats the case) to just all the sudden go shit on me. maybe a faulty battery?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

the car wont even start so i can do that, and i thought if i put the meter to pos and neg of alt it would tell if alt is good or not. and i was wondering the same thing, idk what would cause the battery (if thats the case) to just all the sudden go shit on me. maybe a faulty battery?

the alt only works when the car is actually running.

it could be a faulty battery, could be a bad alt. if you want, you could take the alt out of the car and take it to autozone or some place so they can test it.

Lets sniff around... at OP...Why did you put a new battery in? cuz it went dead ? with that, When you intalled the new battery you just picked up, was there some bubbling, foaming, or a shit ton of corosion on the old battey posts and such??