Second Skin Audio

Box/wall for 4 Soundstream 15"

Hi community,

Always here from Italy to ask your help for my project ^_^ (Sorry for my not perfect english)

I have 4 Soundstream Tarantula T6-15 subwoofer and 2 Soundstream X3.60 amplifier (about 5000 watt total for the subwoofers).

I want to buy a wall in my car, a Citroen Saxo VTS but I have never built a bog box like that before so I really need your help.

I am interested in doing hair trick but also have a "loud sound" from my subwoofer box, I hope this two things can be done by a single box! I think that having a box for hair trick don't allow me to have the loudest sound from my subwoofer but with 4 15" I think I can have loud ;)

After the explanation of my idea I write here parameters of my subwoofers copied from manual:

Fs (Hz) 27,14

Qms 3,286

Vas (ft³) 3,732

Cms (mm/N) 0,117

Mms (g) 297,5

Xmax (mm) 20

Xmech (mm) 30

Piston diameter (in) 12,48

Sd (in²) 123,8

Qes 1,115

Re (Ω) 6,66

Z (Ω) 8

BL 17,15

Rms power (watts) 1000

Qts 0,832

NO (%) 0,185

1w/1m SPL (db) 84,68

Voice Coil diameter (in) 2,5"

Impedance (Ω) DVC 4Ω

M-vd (ft³) 0,242

Overall diameter (in) 15,5"

Overall Height (in) 9,25"

Mounting depth (in) 8"

Cutout diameter (in) 13,875"

Flange Width (in) 1"

Flange Height (in) 75" <---- I don't know what is this but I think that 75 inches are a really big number for a subwoofer parameter! maybe an error.

Weight (lbs) 27

Thank you for your help!!!

So 12 cubes of volume + the volume of the 4 subwoofer right? The volume of the port was included in the 12 cubes or I have to have 12cubes + subs volume + port volume?

But I can confimr that I have this space in car because I will use all space, from the back of front seats to the end of the car, for the box... but I need help for this box, for the correct volume and port to obtain hair tricks if possibile!

Ok, I have checked in my car and I have 12 cubes of volume free to built the box for wall.

I have more than 12 cubes so I can realize a box woth 12 cubes + subwoofers + port.

Could you help me in calculating dimensions of box and port?

I remember I am interested in doing hair trick and, if possibile, sound loud ;)

Thank you very much!

Edited by Alvy84VTS