Sundown Audio

Kicker Zx2500.1 Peak Power?

Tub Asko

I did a little bit of tinkering on ebay having a look at the ZX2500.1 amps. Well, a lot of them say peak at 2 ohm is either 5000 or 7500 watts. As much as I would like to believe that to be the full potential of the amp I bought direct from kicker, the page that was in the box said it's peak rating was only 2530 watts.

AMP.jpg

Since Kicker doesn't list a peak rating on there site and pretty much all the ebay sellers present this high peak rating, what do I believe?

But the thing is, yes, the birth sheets do say "PEAK" wich is max, not RMS on the birth sheets, I seen this too when installing kicker amps

Is it just a scheme to say

"Kicker amps are wayyyy underrated, just like RF!!!"

I would hope so

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.