Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Can someone help me out here? As most you may know by now, I drive an older ('84) F250 & well, my tires are going bald, but getting 16.5" tires is hard as f*ck, I literally went to 10 tire shops & only one had a 16.5 tire, old as hell for $50. <_<

So basically, I want to replace the almost extinct 16.5" wheels with newer ford 8 lug wheels, only problem is my bolt pattern is 8x6.5(165mm) & the wheels I can get for cheap are 8x117mm.

So can I safely put those wheels on my truck? or do they absolutely have to be 8x6.5?

Edited by AUDIOADDICT02

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

I know a couple guys that run 170mm adaptors mind you these are on mud trucks but none the less thats one route you could go

Current Ride

'95 Cutlass Ciera

Pioneer DEH-P8300UB HU

Alpine SPR-69C Rears

Boston S35 dash speakers

Crescendo Audio CCX65's glassed in the doors

Sundown audio SAX-100.4

Kicker ZX1500.1

Fusion PP-SW150 15" sub (switching to something better when I get some cash)

Rockford Fosgate RCF2D

optima yellow top D75

stinger 1/0 gauge wiring

Posted

Thanks for the response man. The problem with that is the adapters are $200 a pair, iirc, & they would make my truck look hella mexiflush since I'm planning to put normal truck wheels, not mud grapplers.

As of now, I'm stuck between late model Chevy 8 lug factory wheels or H2 wheels since they are 8x6.5 bolt pattern.

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

I did not know that, I'm going to look into that since adapters are out of the question.

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2216 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...