Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Couldn't sleep, so here goes another "build".haha

A friend of mine asked me to "improvise" a prefab for him since he was only gonna use one sub...here goes:

Box after being stripped:

8bfa4e1b.jpg

Taken apart:

f1d7011f.jpg

Sketchup:

2b9d09c4.jpg

b9b9d541.jpg

Being put together:

453e76cc.jpg

^^^I ran out of mdf, so I had to use particle wood for the baffle, worked just fine...

Finished:

downloadfile-7.jpg

Test drive:

downloadfile-8.jpg

This was the loudest single 12 setup I've heard so far, we were impressed at how loud this thing got!

Lmk what ya'll think... :)

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

hehe nice job bro, it really looks nice :popcorn:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Thanks man! :)

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

nice. its cool to see a prefab become something useful

hahaha well said...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Lol. Seems like a lot of extra work to put a prefab to use. I'd just make a whole new box, but if you have the will power, more luck to ya. Box looks good, none the less. I hope you buddy enjoys it.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Posted

Lol. Seems like a lot of extra work to put a prefab to use. I'd just make a whole new box, but if you have the will power, more luck to ya. Box looks good, none the less. I hope you buddy enjoys it.

lol. thanks...I would normally make a new box, but the guy didn't want to spend much, and the box wood wasn't in bad condition, so why not.haha

honestly, it would take me more time to build a brand new box, with this one i just took it apart and rearranged the pieces and screwed them together...

once he heard it beating, he didn't wanna shut his truck off!haha!

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

Good job taking it apart. Please explain how you did it :D

Flat screwdriver and a hammer. ;)

it was put together with staples, so it came apart easily...

CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz

DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978

DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983

PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/

G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/

CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/

KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/

RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/

2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/

2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/

Posted

damn bro that came out nice, congrats on the remodeled enclosure.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1543 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...