Second Skin Audio

Jl 10w7 enclosure ideas for Integra

First paragraph is a general description so if you want you can read or skip to paragraph 2 for sub enclosure question

New to the site and been out of the car audio for like 25 years, so speak slowly and dumb down the answers for the Dude.So here goes,build is a 2000 Integra GSR.Looking to put Pioneer Avic D3, MB Quart separates, 2 JL 10W7(sealed) and 3 amps.2 JL 500/1( one for each 10W7) and a 300/4 for separates.Question is about alternator, supply wire and fuses.Don't want to go crazy with the alt,keep cost down,but don't want to cut my self short on supplied power.What size, and any suggestions on make/model, should I look for in an alternator?What about supply wire?Size from battery to dist. block?How about main fuse from batt. considering my load?Wire size from dist. block to each amp?Also, do you see a need for another battery, and if so, how big and how would I go about wiring it in to the system?Parr. or series?Is a battery isolator needed?I know it is a long winded question, but I would like to do the build right the first time.I am also doing the build with my son, so I am trying to show him the correct way not the easy way.?Thnks for your time.

Was wanting to run two JL 10w7's in two separate enclosures, identical/mirror enclosures, one on each side of rear hatch and have them fire at say 45 degrees toward front/center.Looking to do sealed, for space and S.Q.

Now here comes the question and challenge.After looking on Youtube, wanted to do a custom fiberglass/Bondo enclosure to dress it up.Any ideas and pics/videos would be great.Thanks for your time.

No need to keep them sealed for SQ, if you went ahead and spent the money on the subs you might as well get your moneys worth out of them and put them in a proper ported enclosure.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

put them in a bandpass enclosure that way you will have a nice bandwidth and still have a lil ass if you wanted it to. Also i believe dc power makes a 180 amp alt for that car, if i remember right dc derrick was using one for awhile.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

A Bandpass box (assuming 4th order) has linearity issues, and takes a lot of space.

A properly designed ported box will make them shine, and you don't need to separate them, you can have them in one box, and have no issues.

Though one question, in case you didn't buy them, why 2 JL 500/1 instead of 1 JL 1000/1? It would be cheaper, you'd have less wiring, and not worry about equal power distribution.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Also with the power side of things, I would start with the big 3 and then just check and see what your voltage does. I would guess you don't need to upgrade your alt for 1300 watts but you never know. I bet with a good battery and big 3 up front you could be ok, if not then just add a good battery in back.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

A Bandpass box (assuming 4th order) has linearity issues, and takes a lot of space.

A properly designed ported box will make them shine, and you don't need to separate them, you can have them in one box, and have no issues.

Though one question, in case you didn't buy them, why 2 JL 500/1 instead of 1 JL 1000/1? It would be cheaper, you'd have less wiring, and not worry about equal power distribution.

bought them at separate times.got one for $59 and one for$89.want to have separate enclosures to leave the center of the rear compartment open a little.

Also with the power side of things, I would start with the big 3 and then just check and see what your voltage does. I would guess you don't need to upgrade your alt for 1300 watts but you never know. I bet with a good battery and big 3 up front you could be ok, if not then just add a good battery in back.

what is the "big 3" you reference?