wondering..... i see people have run scavenging pumps on theyre turbo's to avoid oil pressure biuld up and blowing out the oil seals..... my question is this:

can i make an independent oil system for my turbo? like id have a reservoir, pump, oil cooler, maybe a check valve on the input side of oil to avoid over pressurizing, and would i need a scavenging pump on the other (output) side to pull the oil through? i dont want to tap into my heads or oil pan to get oil.... and if i get an oil leak from the turbo id rather it not take away from my engine.....

any thoughts or has anyone done this?

thanks guys

just noticed we can attach files now to posts..... SWEET

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

it has been and can be done but very tricky because you have to regulate the oil temp between 200-250ish to low of a temp is just as bad as to high. the amount of oil in the reservoir needs to be sufficient but not to much or to little. i wouldn't suggest trying it honestly as self sustained systems take alot of r&d + trial and error to get right

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

wondering..... i see people have run scavenging pumps on theyre turbo's to avoid oil pressure biuld up and blowing out the oil seals..... my question is this:

can i make an independent oil system for my turbo? like id have a reservoir, pump, oil cooler, maybe a check valve on the input side of oil to avoid over pressurizing, and would i need a scavenging pump on the other (output) side to pull the oil through? i dont want to tap into my heads or oil pan to get oil.... and if i get an oil leak from the turbo id rather it not take away from my engine.....

any thoughts or has anyone done this?

thanks guys

just noticed we can attach files now to posts..... SWEET

You can get an oil feed restrictor.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 2 weeks later...

youre going to need an electric oil pump... not sure if anybody makes those, much easier to run together, notice all the pros run oil to turbo from the engine, because it works, you shouldnt go into a project with the assumption in your mind that its going to fail, thats a bad way to start a build. anyways turbo seals can be replaced just like any engine gasket .

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

youre going to need an electric oil pump... not sure if anybody makes those, much easier to run together, notice all the pros run oil to turbo from the engine, because it works, you shouldnt go into a project with the assumption in your mind that its going to fail, thats a bad way to start a build. anyways turbo seals can be replaced just like any engine gasket .

umm///what?

Most motors turbo oil feed line comes off the block from a pressurized oil gallery.

Motors NA from the factory usually use a oil filter sandwich plate to feed the turbo...

Unless you're talking about a dry sump setup...Which is very spendy...

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

oil galleries are part of the engine... i know what im talking about. motors NA from factory remain naturally aspirated, the oil pump is before the oil filter plate, therefore the engine oil pump feeds the turbo just like i had said... i dont eeven know what youre talking about. you must be drunker than me

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

oil galleries are part of the engine... i know what im talking about. motors NA from factory remain naturally aspirated, the oil pump is before the oil filter plate, therefore the engine oil pump feeds the turbo just like i had said... i dont eeven know what youre talking about. you must be drunker than me

You make absolutely no sense.

Yes, the oil pump is before the filter...Making a sandwich plate between the filter and block work perfectly for feeding a turbo on a motor with a turbo added on.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

You make absolutely no sense.

Yes, the oil pump is before the filter...Making a sandwich plate between the filter and block work perfectly for feeding a turbo on a motor with a turbo added on.

/\ this is what i wanted to do in the beginning....and now that i know that a separate oil system is a bad idea that is what ill do lol

thanks guys!!!

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq