Second Skin Audio

Rockford Punch HX2 10" htting lows

I have 2 HX2 10's in a pre fab proted box right now and i am disappointed in their abilities to hit low notes. I think my box might be tuned a little too high.

Does anyone have experience with these subs? and their abilities to hit the low notes?

I am aware that they are 10's and not 15", but i heard a pair of 10" kicker comps get lower then my HX2's.

Could getting a bigger box make a difference?

Thanks!

yeah its a prefab.

this might be the exact box i have

http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-E10Dsv-10-Inch-Enclosure-Chamber/dp/B0013MT5H8/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339385693&sr=1-4&keywords=atrend+bbox+10

Everyone tells me these subs are beast and that they compare to todays T1's, but it sound weak in my camry.

Im using a hifonic brutus 1200w to power both of them at 1ohm.

Im thinking of getting a box from "Dave the box guy" cause i have never built a subwoofer enclosure in my life, and im afraid ill just waist time and money. Unless someone knows somebody in Nor Cal that makes good boxes?

I listen to a lot of rap like young jeezy, gorilla zoe, and a whole bunch of decaf , so i like lows that give people migraines.

Well you might waste some time and money but it will be worth it. Experience is a great thing to have. Later on you will want to upgrade and then you'll need another box built for you. This is my opinion and it might be different from others but I would seriously consider working on your woodworking/box-building skills.

Basshead-in-Training

the prefab is your problem man.i had 2 hx2 15's and they pounded out the lows,they actually got louder with lower bass..yea i get they wernt 10's but that dosent matter.its ALL in the box design.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Well you might waste some time and money but it will be worth it. Experience is a great thing to have. Later on you will want to upgrade and then you'll need another box built for you. This is my opinion and it might be different from others but I would seriously consider working on your woodworking/box-building skills.

I understand i should work on my woodwork skills but at this time i need something solid. A good box that will last me a long time and push my subs to its max potential.

the prefab is your problem man.i had 2 hx2 15's and they pounded out the lows,they actually got louder with lower bass..yea i get they wernt 10's but that dosent matter.its ALL in the box design.

Man thats exactly what i want, louder with the lower bass.

Anyone have any opinion on the amp im using? The hifonics brutus brz1200

I have 2 HX2 10's in a pre fab proted box right now and i am disappointed in their abilities to hit low notes. I think my box might be tuned a little too high.

Does anyone have experience with these subs? and their abilities to hit the low notes?

I am aware that they are 10's and not 15", but i heard a pair of 10" kicker comps get lower then my HX2's.

Could getting a bigger box make a difference?

Thanks!

To reach any conclusions you must have the specs of the box or calculate it measuring everything, RF recommends 1 cubic feet @35Hz for a single sub setup so at least your box should be 2 cubic feet net (after displacements) and be tuned mid to lower 30s to reach the deeper bass notes.