Sonic Electronix

I've currently got a 2002 Impala LS 3.8 with 2 12's in a 3 cube box sealed off from the trunk. Get's pretty loud and nasty for what it is, off of 800 watts.

I recently found out we may be getting rid of my car to get me into a 2003-2006 Chevy Silverado Z71, either an Ext. Cab or 4 door.

What I'm curious is, what would I be able to do when it comes to gettin a little bump going on in my truck? I know I'm working with very limited space and I do not want to get rid of any seats. So, what I'm going to be looking at is something under the rear seats, or behind the rear seats. I'm thinking either 2 12s or 2 10s under the rear seats, and then the mids/highs amp and sub amp on the back wall behind the seats, for a clean simple install.

What do y'all think I should go with? I know it will be nothing like I have in my Impala now but I understand that and am willing to accept that.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to get into a truck. I love the newer box style silverados (2003-2006 body style). Not too excited about going from my current 20-22mpg in the city 30-34mpg hwy, down to probably around 12-14 city :lol:

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to get into a truck. I love the newer box style silverados (2003-2006 body style). Not too excited about going from my current 20-22mpg in the city 30-34mpg hwy, down to probably around 12-14 city :lol:

Its not bad as long as you don't peel out at every stop sign i figured that out when my gas was gone in a couple days when i first got my truck <_< lol

I have an 02' 1500 ext 4x4 I'm going to go get my sub tonight. I'll be doing a single 15" for now and then I'll be reconing it to an 18". I didn't take to many pics yet but this is what it looked like the other night when I left the shop.

b43d3d48.jpg

Then this.

104354d1.jpg

I then finished carpeting the raw wood and made and carpeted the top trim piece. My amps will be hidden behind the trim panels. So it will be nice and clean.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Are you going to be able to put the seats back there?

First System

Of course you can. Although I don't know if anyone actually read that you were looking to do no modifications and to install a setup under or behind the seats.

I say just take em out. I was never happy with anything under or behind the seat anyways. 6 boxes and 2 walls later...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I know I'm not going to be able to get loud with a truck, using it the way I want to. I want to be able to have full functionality of the rear seats....but still have a little bump going on. Nothing huge, just something to fill in that empty space when you don't have subs.

First System