Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, was playing today full tilt for around 30-40 minutes and I get a faint smell up front but noticeable smell in the port. I have a dc level 4 m2. Steady 13.2 volts, and Skar 1500.1 all tune with dd-1 using -5 test tone. My question is does dc tend to have a faint smell after awhile? Guess its possible the songs just clipped to hell, being that I was playing the same song.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

as i have heard it , after playing a while a little smell can happen pretty normal, but right away or really strong= DANGER , if the smell makes you uneasy back off a little bit . voice coils do get warm when gains are set to not clip after playing full tilt for an extended time

Hey guys, was playing today full tilt for around 30-40 minutes and I get a faint smell up front but noticeable smell in the port. I have a dc level 4 m2. Steady 13.2 volts, and Skar 1500.1 all tune with dd-1 using -5 test tone. My question is does dc tend to have a faint smell after awhile? Guess its possible the songs just clipped to hell, being that I was playing the same song.

were you playing below tuning at all?

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

as i have heard it , after playing a while a little smell can happen pretty normal, but right away or really strong= DANGER , if the smell makes you uneasy back off a little bit . voice coils do get warm when gains are set to not clip after playing full tilt for an extended time

I thought so as well just wanted to make sure.

Check out my build log:

don't believe so my high pass and low pass were set correctly. It wasn't able to play a certain part of the song tho but that's just the hpf and lpf working correct?

Check out my build log:

don't believe so my high pass and low pass were set correctly. It wasn't able to play a certain part of the song tho but that's just the hpf and lpf working correct?

If it sounds like the cone is just moving with out much force, yes. But if it sounds like it has a nasty weird punch of bass, then it's not.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If it sounds like the cone is just moving with out much force, yes. But if it sounds like it has a nasty weird punch of bass, then it's not.

Yeah, its not bottoming out..

Check out my build log:

check the coils on your sub individually make sure they are reading right....coil got smelly then this.. could be bad news bears cope not tho :(

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4