Second Skin Audio

Single 15" box design? Need help!

BenzBass

Ive got a kicker 15" cvx subwoofer and I was hoping someone could help me with a box design. Due to how my trunk is oddly I guess shaped it limits me on box style and size especially. Here are the maximum dimensions I can use if I want to have the sub firing towards the trunk lid 36" long, 16" high, 12" deep. Now if I want to have the woofer firing upward into the rear deck my maximum dimensions would be somewhere round 36" long, 10-12" high (maybe higher, not sure) and 40+" deep. I would like the box to be ported tuned somewhere in between 30-38?hz. I would download the Torres calculator but my computer felt like it would be cool to stop working last night. I hope I can get some help from some seasoned box makers. I'm also not sure bout what the displacement is on the woofer and if someone could actually explain what all displacement is and what kind of difference all that can make it would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate any help I can get with this whole car audio, I got back into it in September when i got my first car so I've got a whole lot to earn, but I hope someone has some helpful insight or suggestions. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

34" wide 24" deep 12" tall. with the sup firing up. this will be a slot port box with the port firing back sub up. port 5 inches wide.

cuts would be

34x24 top

34x24 bottom

34x10.5 back wall

28.25x10.5 front wall

22.5x10.5 right side

23.25x10.5 left side

18.25x10.5 port wall

Box will be around 3.5 cubes after woofer displacement and tuned around 35Hz

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Archived