Second Skin Audio

Building My First Street Beater

bassmachine

i want to build a box for 4 12's then later on 6. But i have a problem,the f/s parameters on my subs are 36Hz what happens if i go below the f/s of the cone.

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

are you asking what happens if you tune the enclosure lower than the fs of the sub? it will be fine

in example, 12" btls have a fs ~40, but scott says they sound best when tuned to 32hz, 8hz below the fs

so you'll be fine

what subs btw

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Playing below tuning freq might give you some issues, but tuning the enclosure lower than the f/s wont hurt at all.

When you get real tricky, sometimes I try to tune around the f/s of the woofer and the vehicle.

But thats all about finding the right woofer and car.lol

You will be ok though.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i think im just gonna tune it at 46Hz (Spl) then build a plug 4 it that tunes it 36.5 (my speakers f/s) for my reggaeton then make another plug and tune the box around 29Hz for my dj magic mike.What happens to the sub when played below the tuning frequency, the sub goes into state of free air.

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

Archived