Sonic Electronix

7 Essential Car Audio Install Accessories

Relays FTW!!

I do like to solder everything that way I'm not having to chase down a loose wire form a missed crimp or something stupid like that.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Solder and butt is just as good either way. I didnt know that running a remote wire with multiple amps drains the HU???

Weirdly enough, my more recent HU wiring configuration was a fail because of that exact problem. My Kenwood was shutting down because I was triggering too many accessories from the REM wire. Then the relay (FTW) came into play.

Edited by SonicHD
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

Butt connectors are nice for installing head units. Alot safer than using electrical tape on the connections.

Arizona??? Lake Havasu? Hot much? I'm down in Glendale

Wholeheartedly agree. Stuffs messy.

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks

I have 2 amps in my trunk, one's an aq1200 and the other is an old 2 channel which is 75w x 2. Currently i have just one remote wire from the trunk to the HU. Is this low enough wattage to leave as it is or should I add a relay? Sorry I'm completely new to this so this question might not make complete sense. :blush:

I have 2 amps in my trunk, one's an aq1200 and the other is an old 2 channel which is 75w x 2. Currently i have just one remote wire from the trunk to the HU. Is this low enough wattage to leave as it is or should I add a relay? Sorry I'm completely new to this so this question might not make complete sense. :blush:

Start a new topic in the appropriate section and don't threadjack.....Then you should get your questions anwered.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Masshole891, I'm more than happy to answer any questions that have to do with parts in this article. With two amplifiers I'm sure you'll be fine triggering them both off the head unit. I only ran into problems because I was triggering two amps, an equalizer, and a bass processor, which drew more current than was supplied by my REM connection.

468x60-forum-banner.jpg

Masshole891, I'm more than happy to answer any questions that have to do with parts in this article. With two amplifiers I'm sure you'll be fine triggering them both off the head unit. I only ran into problems because I was triggering two amps, an equalizer, and a bass processor, which drew more current than was supplied by my REM connection.

Alright thank you very much for your help, and sorry about the "thread jack"