a little help/advice would be great.

ok, so i had a prefab obcon box with my 2 rockford t2 12s running off a t1500.1bdcp wired at 1ohm do a 146 peaked at 51 hz. the box was either 1.5 or 1.75 per chamber slot ported at either 38 hz or 40 hz cant exactly remember. < port back sub back

now i have a built box 1 chamber at 3.94cuft slot ported at 43.66hz with 67in of port area (16.99 per foot ) did a 144 (back seat folded down ) peaked at 51hz port back sub up and a 144.5 (back seat up, didnt test with it down) peaked at 44hzport up sub up.

i know its a good score for the power and for 2 12s but im shooting for 146+ with the same stuff i have now maybe a change in box. i dont see why i shouldnt be able to do atleast closer to a 146 or why i shouldnt be able to do higher with a better built box then the pos prefab i had.

meter used was an ac-190, sealed on windshield passenger side at the same shop everytime nothing with how it was metered changed.

notice in the screenshot of the box specs i didnt put in the common port walls. changes the tunning and area to 43.66hz and 3.94cuft

box45hzsnip.png

the box is now facing up just under the height of the back seat. inside port walls rounded no 45s and 1 peice of threaded rod between subs. double baffle and back < cut an extra peice so i used it.

theboxinthecar.jpg

electrical; 250 amp singer alt, interstate starting batter up front, interstate deep cycle in back either 55hr rate or 65 dont remember right now (750cca), 10farad rockford cap holds around 12volts at idle during the metering. 1/0 front to back then to cap then 4gauge to amp. 1/0 on front batter ground and engine ground, waiting for time in the shop my dad works at to put the 1/0 from alt to battery. < dont say it i already know, i am waiting for money to buy an xs power for under the hood then second xs batt and taking out the cap but it helps by about .3volts which is better then nothing.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the exact 1st words out of my mouth was HOLY SHIT look at those fucked up sub holes (id trash a box if my holes looked like that)

and also you tune at 45hz so ur trying to go straight spl right(burp only)

didnt put the common walls in when i designed the box but the finale tuning came out at 43.66 hz and those holes where down freehand with a router arent as bad as they look and the subs sit nice and tight. could be better but it was my first time using a router. i do listen to it daily but was aiming for higher number. will make a prettier box later. lol

umm how close is your port to the back. 2ndly its more common subs up port back.

the 144.5 ( highest with the box ) was sub up port up with nothing in the way of the port. when it was facing back i folded the seats down and moved it around. did a 144 at 51 hz about 4-5" between port and hatch lid. went lower when i moved it further away or closer.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

^ on the list of things i can try.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

^as mentioned, already have it sub up port up, thats how i did the 144.5 at 44hz.

i just noticed that the torres calc says port area range 47"-63" and i have it at 67". could this affect the score in a bad way? i should have noticed it before and kept it closer to 55". will make a new box design using round ports and another with a slot port and see what you guys think. they will be subs up port back. just saw on another thread team bassic said that the ford focus loves subs up port back and then there is your advice asweel so i guess i cant realy go wrong with trying.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

newboxroundport.png

^ round port design, could use some help with this one. i do like that it is smaller though, it will allow me to have more room for amp(s) battery ect ect....

newslotport.png

^ the modified slot port design, sub up port back. would be able to give a good 4-6" of room between port and hatch lid.

will make a sketch up later but for now do either of those look better then the current? thanks for all the help in advance. trying to get my lows setup and done by the end of the summer and finish my mids and highs this winter. then it on to the performance of the car. got a lot in store for that.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets