Final verdict on batt isolators?

Well, I've been looking into these, contemplating running 2 batteries, my stock starter under the hood (now 3 years old) and my brand new Kinetik HC1400 in the trunk..... Then i decided fuck it, ill just put the 1400 under the hood, but mitsubishi's engineers decided to make the cable that connects to the positive battery terminal all sorts of retarded, so now I'm back to thinking of just running 2 batteries.

One thing that kept coming up when i was looking into dual battery setups is battery isolators. HOW NECESSARY ARE THESE REALLY? Ive seen everything from you must have, to completely useless. To me, the science says yes, it will be needed over time, but how long is that time? Can i get away with just throwing the new battery in my trunk for now?

Also, how do some of you trunk guys have your batteries secured in your trunk?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

eh, its a touchy subject really, just like a cap, you can use it, but most people dont, in before funnyz

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I can only see using one if you will be playing with the vehicle off a lot cause with an isolator it will keep your front and rear batteries isolated while the vehicle is off. That way, if you happen to be playing for a long time with the car off and the rear batts happen to go dead on you, your front battery still has juice to start your ride and you're not stranded. But don't use one if you don't see that as a problem or want all of your batts working together no matter if the car is on or off. This is how some of my buddies explained it to me anyways, hope it helps.

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

Fronts: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Rears: Image Dynamics CTX69

Subs: 2, 12" Boston Acoustics G5 w/ GTR passive radiators

4-channel amp: MB Quart ONX4.125

Sub amp: Kicker ZX750.1 ('07 model, 926 watts RMS @ 2ohms rated)

1/0 awg Rockford Fosgate & KnuKonceptz wiring all around

XS Power D5100R main battery

Coming soon: Mechman 220 amp alternator & Sundown Audio 125.4

Alright, now how do you guys get your batteries to stay in place in your trunks? I don't have a ton of space, but i have room on the passenger side of the box to fit the battery. I can't really drill into the floor, don't wanna hit my gas tank. So how would you put your battery in your trunks?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

They suck for car audio. Period.

Tried one, and they are not meant for car audio. They don't give the aux. batt full charge, it's more like a trickle charge.

So if you like running your system @12.7 volts or so, then you may like them.

Otherwise, forget about it. It's not meant for us.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived