Why is this distortion happening?

what is the vehicle , i had a similar problem when installing a h/u in suburban , my problem was the rear speakers would be distorted due to there being a factory amp for the rear speakers and the higher wattage of the new head unit would overdrive that oem amp bad .the way that i got around that was pullin my own wires and bypassing the oem amp , which i had after market speakers any way , but if you have say a bose oem system , you may encounter speakers with some weird ohm load which may make it tough to run them with a h/u

yea its not bose, but all the speakers are 4 ohm , except the doors, which are 2 ohm, probably so that the resistance in them is lower making them louder?

The factory amp is probably clipping or overdriving the speakers because the output signal from the new head is stronger and the stock amp is applying too much gain. That's all it could really be unless you've done something horribly wrong or the system is somehow proprietary, make sure your EQ is on flat but I'm sure you know that.

I'm gonna hate

The factory amp is probably clipping or overdriving the speakers because the output signal from the new head is stronger and the stock amp is applying too much gain. That's all it could really be unless you've done something horribly wrong or the system is somehow proprietary, make sure your EQ is on flat but I'm sure you know that.

it worked for a day without distortion, factory amp, pioneer deck

then i slid my tight fitting box in and after i turned the car on it distorted to hell. so i faded the mids/highs to the front, and its gone now. So maybe i squeezed a wire?

either that or it was a coincidence that the factory amp took a shit? oh well once i get an aftermarket one it will be gone.

that could be it , best solution imo is run your own wires and amp them all

probably,

i can live with it for now.

once i get money, im putting in a good 4 channel and all new door speakers

problem solved

just hope for now it holds up because my subs are going in beginning of next week.

if you got time , you could try to find what you did as far as wire goes , sounds like a pintched wire or something unplugged . or the stock amp has been damaged due being incompatible with your aftermarket h/u some how

if you got time , you could try to find what you did as far as wire goes , sounds like a pintched wire or something unplugged . or the stock amp has been damaged due being incompatible with your aftermarket h/u some how

im going to tomorrow when i take my box out to round over the edges.

im going to tomorrow when i take my box out to round over the edges.

I'd also verify that any connections you have made or that were present before are tight and secure.

I'm gonna hate