Why is this distortion happening?

So i have my pioneer deck installed and the stock speakers are there, and a factory amp.

I randomly turned my mids/highs on and it distorts at mid volume. No warning of something blowing, just right on a cold start?

SO i then fade my deck setting to the front 100% and its 100% gone. If i fade to the back 100% it sounds 100% like ass. What could this be? Factory amp sending a bad signal to the rear for some reason?

Opened up the amp and it looked fine, nothing broke or burnt. WTF?

Piss that amp off, if its the factory one, and run straight from H/U or buy and aftermarket amp,

If your still running factory speakers then just straight from h/u no amp,

Just make sure for speakers ar 3ohm up and not 2ohm as some newer car have

Piss that amp off, if its the factory one, and run straight from H/U or buy and aftermarket amp,

If your still running factory speakers then just straight from h/u no amp,

Just make sure for speakers ar 3ohm up and not 2ohm as some newer car have

yea im trying to get an aftermarket one,

how would i go about running these with no amp?

all the speakers are wired to the back of my pioneer already. its just how do i now delete the amp and still get them to run?

Sounds like a wire issue being cut, pinched or grounded causing the distortion.

Since that is all you have at the moment i would just leave it set to the front until you get a chance to upgrade.

EDIT: You can run all new wire from the H/U to the speakers bypassing any stock wiring that would cause an issue for the time being.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Since that is all you have at the moment i would just leave it set to the front until you get a chance to upgrade.

EDIT: You can run all new wire from the H/U to the speakers bypassing any stock wiring that would cause an issue for the time being.

so it would have to be a stock wire or stock ground though correct? Since that is the only active wiring.

and running them all form the speakers to the back of the HU would be a serious pain. My plan was to run my 4 channel from the plug in the back that has all the speakers wired to it.. it would be so much easier this way. My doors have molex plugs that are impossible to modify.

wondering if i wired it like that if the problem would persist since it has to be a stock wiring issue. Obviously the aftermarket amp wwould have a new ground and power wire, along with a remote wire.

so it would have to be a stock wire or stock ground though correct? Since that is the only active wiring.

and running them all form the speakers to the back of the HU would be a serious pain. My plan was to run my 4 channel from the plug in the back that has all the speakers wired to it.. it would be so much easier this way. My doors have molex plugs that are impossible to modify.

wondering if i wired it like that if the problem would persist since it has to be a stock wiring issue. Obviously the aftermarket amp wwould have a new ground and power wire, along with a remote wire.

By grounding out he means that a stock speaker wire is cut and touching bare metal at some point between the HU and the speaker. To fix that you'd have to trace the wires all the way back and make sure.

You could also try flipping the front and rear speaker wires behind the radio and seeing if the noise switches to the front speakers. If it does, there may be a problem with the head unit.

By grounding out he means that a stock speaker wire is cut and touching bare metal at some point between the HU and the speaker. To fix that you'd have to trace the wires all the way back and make sure.

You could also try flipping the front and rear speaker wires behind the radio and seeing if the noise switches to the front speakers. If it does, there may be a problem with the head unit.

not the HU, i put the stock one back in, and the same problem was there

what is the vehicle , i had a similar problem when installing a h/u in suburban , my problem was the rear speakers would be distorted due to there being a factory amp for the rear speakers and the higher wattage of the new head unit would overdrive that oem amp bad .the way that i got around that was pullin my own wires and bypassing the oem amp , which i had after market speakers any way , but if you have say a bose oem system , you may encounter speakers with some weird ohm load which may make it tough to run them with a h/u

not the HU, i put the stock one back in, and the same problem was there

Well that blows...you could always run new wire and splice it before it goes into the plug. I wouldn't recommend it but since you're having an issue it's worth a try.

Does anybody around you have an aftermarket amp you could try to use?

Or better than that...can you get to the positive and negative leads of the rear speakers? You could temporarily run a speaker wire straight from the back of the aftermarket HU to the rears (skipping the factory amp) and see if it works correctly then.