Sonic Electronix

Well, I had decided to keep my setup I have now instead of selling it.. So I went to put everything back inside the car, Amp/sub/box. Well I do so and I'm having problems. My amplifier turns on no problem, but it's not sending a signal to the subwoofer. So I check the gains everything is fine, i put the wires onto another speaker and I can slightly hear noise it makes not music, but static for the slight second i tap them onto the speaker. I checked the voltage it's fine at 13.4, the amp turns on so I would assume it's not for the remote.. RCA's are hooked up correctly. I'm kinda at a loss at this point, I would assume maybe bad RCA's being that I can hear the static from them, but there isn't music playing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do have a DMM but it's a cheapo from RadioShack. If it makes any difference it's a SKAR 1500.1 and a DC level 4 m2 12''. Thanks again.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

your sub volume section in you headunit turned up to normal operation setting ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

your sub volume section in you headunit turned up to normal operation setting ??

Yes sir. I only took out the box/sub. I left the amp in there with wires connected still but was sure to cut the neg, and pos speaker wires so they wouldn't blow the outputs.. so I'm almost positive that's not it. I'm thinking more along the lines of RCA's.. or Fuses being that when i was moving everything around my power touched the damn screw driver i had back there. But if the amp is getting power I don't think it would be any fuse under the hood/ or inside the car. So I'm thinking RCA'S. Not exactly sure how I can test that though.. When I was putting everything back together I relocated my amplifier to the back of the seat, doing so I wounded up my RCA'S and zip tied the extra to tuck away.. I think that's what did it.

Check out my build log:

being in SQ Competitions ... you never know, so I always try and keep a "test set" of RCAs in my tool box just to be able to throw over and test things like that ...

I've also been known to run RCAs from one cars headunit to another cars amps to test for signal ... lol

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Imma take the amp to a shop get it tested.. I don't have any other setup or cables to test it in before I order the rcas online. I looked inside the amp no signs of anything being wrong.

Check out my build log: