Need help door lock won't work after panel removal!

About an hour ago I had to remove my door panel to cut a space in it to mount a supertweeter and everything went smooth (except for those damn christmas tree clips breaking) but then I noticed that as I was checking to make sure the door lock button and window controls worked on the door that when I pressed lock and unlock it didn't work on the door that I just took the panel off of.. I checked after that and the molex plug in the door grommet is plugged in and the switches in the door work...the door lock just doesn't respond on that door...any ideas what could have happened? Car is an 07' dodge charger sxt btw..

Happened to me before. It was a mechanical problem, was a cable with a hook on the end that wasn't attached. Check for something like that.

edit: Sorry for my super superior mechanic terminology lol

Edited by DjCrush

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Isnt the lock and door handle both cable?

Get them mixed up by chance?

I dont remember having to sync the locks in that car

Make sure you have the wire harness locked into place. Those have a little red tab on them right?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Happened to me before. It was a mechanical problem, was a cable with a hook on the end that wasn't attached. Check for something like that.

edit: Sorry for my super superior mechanic terminology lol

hmm I do know there was a line going to the handle with a hook like thing hah that may be like what your talkin about

Isnt the lock and door handle both cable?

Get them mixed up by chance?

I dont remember having to sync the locks in that car

Make sure you have the wire harness locked into place. Those have a little red tab on them right?

The only thing I unplugged was the molex plug in the door grommet an I am positive thats plugged back in the only other thing is the line that goes from the lock to the door handle, other than that I didn't see anything else :unsure:

alright so I found a wiring diagram online that shows that the purple/white wire in the door harness it for the passenger side door lock...so I found that wire and dmm'd it and it read 0 volts....Then I unplugged the harness and it read like 11.6....plugged it back in and it went to zero....wtf

that would be because your door locks are a one wire lock system, -330 ohm pulse for lock -100 ohm pulse for unlock so what you need to do to test it is, get a 330 ohm and a 100 ohm resistor too test lock attach your test light to ground then put the 330 ohm resistor on the tip and tap either exposed wire (may need to strip the purple/drk green wire in drivers kickpanel) or shove the end into the harness clip, same thing with the other resistor.

your locks are supposed to be negative trigger so they should be resting at 12v plugged in, that is quite wierd

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go