Second Skin Audio

Looking for light wood for subwoofer box

As-21

I am getting DC Audio level 5 it weights 78lbs so i am looking for a light wood to cut from the total box and sub weight.

Any suggestions ?

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

birch

or use a thiner mdf or birch and fiberglass it,

ive used a combination of 3/4(for sub mounting ring and gussets) and 1/2" (everywhere else) before and just glassed the the entire outside of box, so as it could be painted easy,

there's no reason, similar couldn't be done

Birch plywood how many layers ? What about the resonant of the box with birch plywood is it like mdf better worse ?

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

could just glass the whole box but if weight was your concern why would you buy such a fat sub

team chat assholes ftmfcsw

skittlesRgood[/color]' timestamp='1337803095' post='2027302']

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

could just glass the whole box but if weight was your concern why would you buy such a fat sub

Well for now till ill get another level 5 and run them i need a box that its wont be so hard to take from the car out once a week.

I need that for space and to be able to get the box out when i want too.

So that why i want to build a box that will be light then MDF box.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Archived