Box looks stout. I think you're right about the tube, I'm sure you can test it for flex when it's playing if you need to.

WP_20131015_009_zps0846775d.jpg

I dare you. lol

A friend of mine actually recorded himself doing that to get on the audio technix team..... Not his smartest move ever. I can post the video if ya want. Don't want to thread jack though

Yeah post it up :D

@hdorre I actually don't get much window flex. Rear doors, hatch, and spare tire well are my weak points

Meh.... Done messing with this for today. "mojo" is gone. Got the new box in. Sounded louder to the ear by a fair bit. Then broke something on it. Rattling like a mofo. Goes away when I stick my hand in the port to see what's going on. Fickle little thing... LOL

Also need to shrink the box. This one is a fair bit better in terms of cone control, but these subs have always been a wild-card. Whatever you think it will do, they do the opposite. I don't even have a vehicle peak. I have a box peak. Any time I change tuning, the peak changes accordingly. These pretty much say F-U to all traditional thinking. If anyone thinks they can design a box to contain these you are welcome to try :P

Metered a 146.x legal. Not sure how much of that is from the broken box though. My car is an annoying one too. Sounds loud to the ear but won't meter to save it's life. Ask anyone who's heard me demo with the shims in. Moves air, small hairtricks, sounds pretty loud to the ear. Won't break a 140. Friend's subaru did the same thing. Choked you out but only did a 146-147

Anyways.... Pics

WP_20131018_002_zps6a91e718.jpg

WP_20131018_003_zps2a86b590.jpg

WP_20131018_007_zps9ce90423.jpg

Now double baffle it and flare the port. :D

At what freq. did you do the 146? And what is the box tuned to?

I do 145+ at 36-40hz. That's with low tuning and small motors, bu t with 15s.

Surely you've got a 150 in there. I'd stick with this box (or at least the same style) and just change it to gain efficiency.

If I were to guess I'd say that shrinking the box and raising the tuning are your best bet for the meter.

EDIT: What is your net box volume as it is?

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Was 49hz. Just turned it up until the subs were at xmech and looked at the score LOL

Box is tuned to 36-38 right now.

I plan on shrinking the box. It's already pretty small right now. 3.5 cuft before sub displacements

Archived