Sundown Audio

Is This A Good Amp?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9530_C...PZi+250.2.html#

Look at it and tell me how much rms it puts out at like 4 ohms bridged. Also look at that link and it says Minimum Impedance Bridged 1 ohm is that true? Im going to be putting it on two ma audio 120xe 12's they are 350 rms a piece. I timed the fuse rating which seems to be two 30 amp fuses which is 60 amps by 12.5volts which what my system runs at when its beatin and i get like 720 watts.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Guest MegaloManiac

thats 60 amps max amp it can pull. 720watts is the max wattage you can get at 12.5v @100% efficiency(which no amp is loosely speaking, especially since this is an class a/b amp). I think you are asking too much out of the amp in my opinion.

thats 60 amps max amp it can pull. 720watts is the max wattage you can get at 12.5v @100% efficiency(which no amp is loosely speaking, especially since this is an class a/b amp). I think you are asking too much out of the amp in my opinion.

but would it put out right at 700 or less. I will be running a 4 guage kit and kinetics 600 in the trunk. So I think my voltage will be right there or higher.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

but would it put out right at 700 or less. I will be running a 4 guage kit and kinetics 600 in the trunk. So I think my voltage will be right there or higher.

i still have the kenwood mono amp if u stilll interested

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

i still have the kenwood mono amp if u stilll interested

I want to buy a brand new amp. How much do you even want for it shipped cause Im looking at 150 or less.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6561_M...dio+M700XE.html

or do you think that amp would be better for the subs?

I wanted to ask yall bout the crunch amp it says on sonics that is unbridged impedance is 1 ohm is that true or they messed up?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Guest MegaloManiac

a class a/b amps maximum efficiency is 78.5%. so if you were to get that max efficiency for some strange reason you would only receive 560.2 watts at most out of a 12.5v setup.

even at 14v at 100% efficiency you get 840watts but with 78.5% efficiency you would get 659.4.

i say keep looking.

edit: 8 awg or 4awg it is not going to make a difference in all honesty with this kind of power

edit: this post was reffering to your the crunch amp you posted

Edited by MegaloManiac

look for a class d mono block. you can find something that will do its rated power or their close too for your budget..

Dont even waste your time looking at class a/b (2 & 4 channel amps).

Edit:

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9621_Crunch+PZi+1500.1.html

RMS Power (4 ohms) 375 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power (2 ohms) 750 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power (1 ohm) 1500 watts x 1 channel

Fuse Rating 30A x 4

Still a class a/b but should do at least 1000wrms at 1 ohm.

Edited by audiofanaticz