Sonic Electronix

Actually HT I wrote that before I even saw your post so chill with the smart comment.You get it cool beans.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Ha, I wasn't even tripping, I was speaking generally as you paraphrased the OP even though numerous replies were made answering his question. So I'll chill with my smart comments so you can chill with your dumb ones ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

......wait......what?

8 - 1 = 7

12 - 1 = 7

And these post were neither dumb nor smart in no way right? The only reason I posted that is because the only helpful posts were up top.Simply put I'm not going to clog up his post trying to answer your replies.If your going to post something post something helpful instead of being a smartass.Pm me if you feel like you have something else to say instead of posting it here. GM/RT

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

funny, i just went from 2 3" precision ports to 2 4" precision ports in my box def a gain in output

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

Real...your idiocy is astounding. Seriously. I'm the villain for posting logic (replies were to the post above mine) albeit not specifically addressing the OP, while yours do the same. If you're not going to reply answering the question, or promise to never ever answer anyone's post other than the OP, kindly shove it :) this pretended notion of self righteous gets a bit annoying.

funny, i just went from 2 3" precision ports to 2 4" precision ports in my box def a gain in output

How did you measure performance increase? Meter? Sound? Maybe the port area before wasn't enough?

The answers you got really are the main points that need to be made. Sound is different per person and dependent upon your ears...so I have never noticed louder scores when going from 14^2 to 16^2 to 22^2. What I have noticed is that the boxes become more and more peaky. "peaky" means a big hump in the frequency response just above the F3 point.

A box being peaky is not caused by the port size (unless it is undersized and has too much compression), the tuning frequency vs. the box size vs. the driver parameters will determine the frequency response. High Q designs will have more peak. Usually works out great in a car where cabin gain boosts the lower frequencies. That is why you see car subs tuned 30-35 Hz, but home subs tuned down around 20 with drivers that have different t/s parameters (or amps with EQ on the lower end).

I'm not sure if you're expecting more, or thinking that more port equals louder, it doesn't always unless the sub isn't given enough port to begin with. Some say port area to volume has zero connection whatsoever and maybe they will chime in.

The answers you got really are the main points that need to be made. Sound is different per person and dependent upon your ears...so I have never noticed louder scores when going from 14^2 to 16^2 to 22^2. What I have noticed is that the boxes become more and more peaky. "peaky" means a big hump in the frequency response just above the F3 point.

A box being peaky is not caused by the port size (unless it is undersized and has too much compression), the tuning frequency vs. the box size vs. the driver parameters will determine the frequency response. High Q designs will have more peak. Usually works out great in a car where cabin gain boosts the lower frequencies. That is why you see car subs tuned 30-35 Hz, but home subs tuned down around 20 with drivers that have different t/s parameters (or amps with EQ on the lower end).

I'm not sure if you're expecting more, or thinking that more port equals louder, it doesn't always unless the sub isn't given enough port to begin with. Some say port area to volume has zero connection whatsoever and maybe they will chime in.

Ya this topic mainly derived from my enclosure where I undersized the port area a lot and therefore port noise is a huge issue. So I mainly wanted to know how about I would be able to make a new enclosure with a great port that would maximize the subwoofers performance, mainly sound quality wise.