How should I xover my system?

I got 2 st-200 supertweets and 4 Boston acoustic 6 X 9s hooked up to a RF 400.4...theres a supertweet on each front channel and two 6X9s on both rear channels...The super tweets both have schosche hp filters on them because the amp only high passes to like 300 but I have a feeling the schosche ones dont hp them anywhere near how high they should be....What should I do/get?

If you're not confident in your HPF play test tones at frequencies within 100hz of your crossover points and see what you can and can't hear. Narrow it down to 50hz etc. and dial in roughly where it crosses and see if your components are doing the job before you replace them.

I'm gonna hate

If you're not confident in your HPF play test tones at frequencies within 100hz of your crossover points and see what you can and can't hear. Narrow it down to 50hz etc. and dial in roughly where it crosses and see if your components are doing the job before you replace them.

That won't work beings he said his HPF only goes to 300hz

I'd cross them at about 4k. Look online for a capacitor guide for crossover points then put one inline and replace the scoshe ones you have now.

Yeah alot of people x regular tweeters between 3 and 4k, now ive heard of some people x super tweeters at about 8k or so because they arent a regular tweeter.

Isn't that generally the scenario with home or pro audio applications where there's both a tweeter and super tweeter? I know the specs on the st200's show the freq response is about the same as a normal tweeter. I have a pair of the same tweets, they're good crossed at around 4-5k depending on slope.

For approximately 2000hz: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=027-428

For approximately 3000hz: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=027-424

Try this calculator for other frequencies. Type in 8 ohms for resistance, then desired frequency, and look where it says "Capacitor - C1"

I'd cross them at about 4k. Look online for a capacitor guide for crossover points then put one inline and replace the scoshe ones you have now.

Yes it will since if you read the original post completely instead of trying to discredit my response immediately you would realize he is running Scosche HPFs and just doesn't believe they are working well enough.

I'm gonna hate

Yes it will since if you read the original post completely instead of trying to discredit my response immediately you would realize he is running Scosche HPFs and just doesn't believe they are working well enough.

Chill. When you said "dial it in" I just took it as you referring to his amps onboard crossover, which he said doesn't go that high. I'm sure the specs of the crossovers he has can be found online but with 8ohm tweeters connected, the numbers would be inaccurate. As far as discrediting you, I disagree with playing tones to get within 50hz. I'd rather just get the exact cap I need and call it a day. Maybe it's just me but for a tweeter a 50hz window is a lot.

Well I think I may just grab those parts express capacitors and cross em at 3000, still gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for the 6 x 9s though because shouldnt I have them bandpassed?

You can BP them but it's not necessary. I'd just use the HPF on the amp, set it around 80hz and be done.

Chill. When you said "dial it in" I just took it as you referring to his amps onboard crossover, which he said doesn't go that high. I'm sure the specs of the crossovers he has can be found online but with 8ohm tweeters connected, the numbers would be inaccurate. As far as discrediting you, I disagree with playing tones to get within 50hz. I'd rather just get the exact cap I need and call it a day. Maybe it's just me but for a tweeter a 50hz window is a lot.

Well I think I may just grab those parts express capacitors and cross em at 3000, still gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for the 6 x 9s though because shouldnt I have them bandpassed?

You can BP them but it's not necessary. I'd just use the HPF on the amp, set it around 80hz and be done.

I meant to find out if the parts are meeting their specs, I'm sure he has those since he installed them, otherwise that would be a laborious task. It's never a bad thing to test and find out if it's another problem first.

Now, have you read and fully understood the contents of the above post? Accept/Decline :)

I'm gonna hate