Sonic Electronix

Its a valid question. I have amps here exceeding the 20 year old mark, never died.. You are doing something very wrong...

the only one that died of age was a shitty kenwood, after being used daily for 4 years, the rest were upgraded and replaced, or in the case of the RF, returned to its original owner. Did you use those amps every day for 20years? And my hifonics blew due to voltage drop. And ive fixed that. I was asking, knowing that amps can blow, how people can justify it. Any amp can blow, no matter how well you take care of it, there is always the chance of a manufacturer defect still. I have audio equipment at home that is older than i am, but not car audio stuff.

Like i said, i blew the BRZ cuz of low voltage, and the kenwood lasted 4 years, from everything ive heard, a lot of people said they shit out on them after a year or less, so i got lucky, it died of old age. It still works so long as i dont push it hard, but i just replaced it before it took a full shit on me.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Yes my old hifonics has been used daily, since 1987. To answer your basic question.. Most people dont buy authorized anymore (sadly!) And dont have a warranty to start with. Others realize that the average repair (if needed) is only a few hundred. Not that big a deal

Yes my old hifonics has been used daily, since 1987. To answer your basic question.. Most people dont buy authorized anymore (sadly!) And dont have a warranty to start with. Others realize that the average repair (if needed) is only a few hundred. Not that big a deal

must be nice to say a few hundred aint a big deal. Im a broke college student with about 75k in student loans at the moment, and it will be 100k by the time I'm done with school next may. (school I'm at is 25k/year) Aside from that, i know what my household income is...its over 200k....if you were to ask my dad, a few hundred isn't pocket change. Sure, he has it, but its not like he would want to spend it either (if it were him in this position)...then again, a few years back he dropped 15K on a Kolar 12ga....but still, he wouldn't say the cost of repairing an amp is ONLY a few hundred. He would say what the fuck, a few hundred? Why did i void my warranty....

It sure must be nice to have a few bills worth of pocket change at any given moment in time....

And even if your old amp has been used daily, from everything I've heard, they don't make amps like they did back then. Todays products are shit in comparison (mainstream stuff at least, not saying AQ and sundown and the likes, but kenwood is shit product and ill never give them my money again). My kenwood didn't even blow, its just on its death bed. Everyone i have heard from was shocked i got 3 years out of it, said they hardly got 6 months. My BRZ may have been a factory defect, or it very well may have been my electrical not being enough to support it at the time. But that is fixed now, and i know in the future what ill have to do if i run anything bigger.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Your dad dropped 15k on a gun. We obviouslyhave different hobbies.. If he had to repair that gun, he'd drop a few hundo. Im trying to help and answer your question. P.S. I dont care what your daddy makes.

yeah, i didn't fully get it either, that Kolar is nice though...gorgeous gun. Ive held over unders that cost upwards of 250k... And the beauty of that gun, he doesn't have to repairer it, once a year he sends it back up with WI where it was made, and it gets serviced, and that doesn't cost shit IIRC. When he gets done using it, just cleans it off and wipes it down.

And i wasn't saying look at me my daddy makes money....i was saying even to someone who has quite a nice income, the way i was raised at least, a few hundred isn't pocket change, like you made it sound like.

Also.. Lol at aq being around in 20 years

LOL at almost any company existing (aside from auto manufacturers, and now even they are at risk) 2 decades from now...

If you think a few hundred is a "big deal" you've not experienced much in the way of living. Thats the cost of a good dinner for you and your s.o. Spending it on a hobby isnt a big deal. If it is.. Find a new hobby.

And again.. I really dont care about your daddy or his friends guns. making up a figure in the 6 digitfigure.. Again, meaningless to me. I build, improve and work on high end cars all day. Its nothing worth mentioning any more in depth, as, much like the gun nonsense, has nothing to do with this thread. Now back on subject- ive answered your question. Would you like more help figuring out why you keep blowing amps, or would you like to remain ignorant