Second Skin Audio

How much for a 94 volvo 940 with one 12 1500w RMS?

Hello I was wondering about how much deadener I should buy for my 1994 volvo 940. My sub is a 12" DC audio lvl4 taking 1500w RMS from a t1000-1bdCP. I would like to eliminate trunk rattle and beef up my doors a little. I would also like to stick with in a 200-300 budget. At first i was thinking of using a 40 sq. ft. damplifier kit to do everything but now I'm wondering if i should but a 20sq. ft. damplifier pro kit for the trunk and use a 40 sq. ft. damplifier kit for my doors, floor and roof. I don't want to buy to much as I'm a soon to be college student and money for spending on my car needs to be kept down but I also don't want to cheap out and not be satisfied and later buy more and have to go through the whole install process again.

Here is a link to my build log if you need reference to mow my trunk is set up or my car size. Click

maybe jon can chime in but with a system there's no answer for how much exactly to eliminate rattles. you can go 25% which is generally the point of less return but 25% doesnt end all eliminate all rattles. The problem is your trying to "eliminate" rattles when speakers by definition create them. Its all acoustics and panel shape/ rigidity ect If your worried about being satisfied id almost say go big or go home but honestly its all personal satisfaction really. i mean ill be honest ive spent a hell of a lot on SSA in my car BUT i kept going and going because i wanted it quieter and quieter.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

maybe jon can chime in but with a system there's no answer for how much exactly to eliminate rattles. you can go 25% which is generally the point of less return but 25% doesnt end all eliminate all rattles. The problem is your trying to "eliminate" rattles when speakers by definition create them. Its all acoustics and panel shape/ rigidity ect If your worried about being satisfied id almost say go big or go home but honestly its all personal satisfaction really. i mean ill be honest ive spent a hell of a lot on SSA in my car BUT i kept going and going because i wanted it quieter and quieter.

I'm really not looking for whisper quiet but i would like it to sound a little less like a bunch of tin cans. Mainly what I'm wondering is with as little power of a system I have will I see a $100 difference using damplifier pro over just regular damplifier in my trunk or will damplifier sound just about the same?

if thats the case then both dampfilier and damp pro will fit the bill as far as making it sound less like a bunch of tin cans. With the amount your looking at buying and a proper installation ull get that with either product. So your now down to how much of a difference. you have the good vs the great (carwash metaphor)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer