Sonic Electronix

am i the only one who read the op and giggled if thats what your friend wants he doesnt want sq he wants ghetto fabulous

I read the OP and thought that it's going to be darn hard to get a decent system for $1,000. Bass for $1,000? Yes.

Entire system? That's going to be tough. Like others have said, buy off the net, not from any brick and mortar shop to pull it off. JMO.

am i the only one who read the op and giggled if thats what your friend wants he doesnt want sq he wants ghetto fabulous

I read the OP and thought that it's going to be darn hard to get a decent system for $1,000. Bass for $1,000? Yes.

Entire system? That's going to be tough. Like others have said, buy off the net, not from any brick and mortar shop to pull it off. JMO.

yeah the only way to get an entire system for 1000 bucks is to check out the classifieds or look at your buddy craigs list. you can easily piece together a nice sounding system for 1000 buying on craigslist

seriously? building a system for 1000 is easy the issue im reffering to is that the system he outlined is far from an sq style set up

team chat assholes ftmfcsw

skittlesRgood[/color]' timestamp='1337803095' post='2027302']

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

$1000 is a very modest budget, especially when refering to the words "sound quality" SQ builds are very high dollar. Beings as a lot of mid-top end SQ amps run half to 3/4 of that budget. SQ and having a complete system that gets loud and sounds decent are 2 different playing fields.

Crap my little Soundstream Reference 4 channel was $250 on eBay!

I'm gonna hate

Don't go to any car audio shops or anything like that.. Go on eBay, there are trusted seller on there and you can save some serious $. Just make you that you know what you are buying. Since he's on that budget.. This is what I would recommend.. just me though. Hifonics HFi1000.1D amp, 2 Sundown Audio E series D4 12"s, Alpine type SPR series 6x9s, Alpine SPR 6.5s, and a JL Audio JX360/4 amp. You could get all of that for $831.86, people will say.. Don't buy from eBay. I purchase things for my car off of eBay and have done so for years..never once had a problem. Just make sure you look into everything before hitting purchase. Also, at ANY car audio store or and online store all of that would go WELLLLLLLLLLLL over $1000..probably somewere in the $1500 to $2000 range.

My local car audio shop is vwery generous to me they usually give me 10%-15% off all their products and they are very helpful to me they have answered every question I have thrown at them, Plus I like to support my local stores as its a family owned store not some corporation owned store. The reason why I don't go through them is because my friend wants a non name brand system I.E he wants something that no one around here has. I will only go to the store to get a dash kit from them in my ways to support my local shop. I have looked at the SundownAudio site and I did not see the Sundown Audio E Series D4 12's only in D4. I saw the RMS output on the Sundown Audio E Series and my friend would like 600 watts RMS or more.I have looked at the Alpines and JL's but he would like something non name brand but just as good. I have no problem buying off of Ebay just as long as its Pay Pal on Ebay its good and safe as long as its though Pay Pal. I was once told that Hifonics HIFI series does not do rated power not sure if its true or not. Confirm or Deny?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

my friend got 2 skar vvx 12's in ported box on 1 hifonics brz1200.1d on stock electrical and it hits nice ..429 for subs and box from skar page here and 149 for amp on ebay

he can get 1 12 or something and prob sound nice. i was highly impressed from the 2 12s

The Skar VVX subwoofers lool beautiful and I will tell my friend about them. Do you have a video of the VVX's on youtube?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

i would never recommend anything hifi line. There are multiple options that he could use and go for and get the most out of the system. I would highly suggest a bigger alternator, i ran 1500rms on a 90 amp alternator with 2 batteries i dropped to 12.8-9.

Thats what I was told also not to get anything from the HIFI line because they do not do rated RMS. I ran 1000 watts on my Mazdas 70 Amp Alternator and the alternator died when I was driving. Not the best experience.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Lol I guess your right he wants a "Ghetto Fabulous" System.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

What are your suggestions to an Amp, Sub, and Speakers? I'm well aware that its going to be hard on a $1000 budget but I trust SMD to thow out suggestions out to help out. Whats a good site besides AudioSavings.com and if I go there where are the reviews on the product.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

yeah the only way to get an entire system for 1000 bucks is to check out the classifieds or look at your buddy craigs list. you can easily piece together a nice sounding system for 1000 buying on craigslist

Is craigslist really dependable for Car Audio? I mean buying cars is one thing but car audio equipment?

$1000 is a very modest budget, especially when refering to the words "sound quality" SQ builds are very high dollar. Beings as a lot of mid-top end SQ amps run half to 3/4 of that budget. SQ and having a complete system that gets loud and sounds decent are 2 different playing fields.

Yes that is very true my friend has only heard my system and my friends system so hes very limited knowledge when it comes to Sound Quality and systems.

honestly i think the guy just wants something loud and clear. He doesnt know what true SQ is if he just got into car audio. Therefore i dont think hes looking for real SQ i bet hes just looking for better than stock...

Honestly i'd say 1000 is a pretty decent budget for a good little sound system. The only thing i think thats going to kill the budget if he has to get an alt.

The more I think of it the more right you are. My system is far from sound quality nore does it stand up to any of the systems on this website but I like my system. He has no idea what TRUE sound quality is and neither do I but I've been in the car audio world since 2008 not very long IMO. His current system is all stock. Stock speakers, Stock head unit, Stock everything.

What would you recommend for speakers, amp, sub for $1000?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Can anyone please help me with my friends first system? please?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Subs won't make much of a difference in noticable sound quality. especially since this is your buddies first system. just find a sub in your budget that fits your needs. it's the box that's gonna determine how it all sounds.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.