Second Skin Audio

SA-8 v2 Ported Box Design

Cazz

Well I have been asking around the forums for someone to help me out with designing but I didn't quite get the help I was looking for, but don't get me wrong I now know a lot more about car audio then I did before coming on this forum. But still Im as dumb as anything, I don't no how to wire and a lot more other things but hey ill get there. I think this is my first proper box although the subs had to be arranged out of line.

Dads4xSA-8v2SubwooferBox.png

Dads4xSA-8v2SubwooferBoxx.png

The displacement of thoes subs are 0.1 each so u need to change that on Torres to 0.4

You need to add a baffle to the top and a shit load of bracing

Idd you 1" or 1.25" round wood bar 2 up, 2 back and 2 side

Aim for 2.4-2.8 net 40sq" of port

So you port will be 15.75x 2.75or 2.625

Ok so I appreciate the help but I have no clue what that is, I followed the tutorial on this forum, that's why all my other posts was asking other people to design a box and ill put it together.

Woop just realised again I messed up yet another box I understand the Woofer Displacement you mentioned, although I think you wrote the 10" SA Series which is 0.1 each. The 8" is 0.08 which means I should have put 0.32 and that would change the tuning to 35Hz and I want 33Hz so id have to change the port length which means just start over. :)

I'm at work at moment so can't draw or use Torres to show you

But the sa8v1 and v1.5 are 0.8 each the v2 is 0.1 each so you need 0.4 in displacement,

When I say at a baffle that the middle 2nd from bottom box, put a 1 and leave the 1 under at 0.75 that will mean you need to change port to 15.75 as top will be 1.5" thick, then add 0.03 in in bottom left to allow for bracing

1 common wall port is straight accross the bottom

If you put a 1 in bottom tight box

And change port to 4.25high and 10 wide.

Then play around with it some more,

When I get home I'll help you out a bit more

Ok I now know what a baffle is and that means a second piece of wood on the top right? If it is that why would the port be 15.75 wouldn't it be 11.75? And thanks for helping.

Archived