Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

Sounds like bad rcas or a bad sub...if amp stays on then has to be those problems

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

have you checked your fuse under the hood?

youd be surprised, i was at work and a similar issue came in, i wasnt seeing a full 12v at the amp like i normally would, i looked at the fuse and it was not blown/black, took my dmm and saw a huge voltage drop on the amp side of the wire, swapped the fuse for the hell of it and sure enough the problem was gone

customer had the same problems as what you are describing with subs cutting out at random times

That didn't work

Sounds like bad rcas or a bad sub...if amp stays on then has to be those problems

I but new rca's that didn't help so i guess subwoofers i got four so how the hell am i going to find which one is causing the problem when this happens at differnt times?

And it seams like it happen more often when im driving maybe a wire came loose on a spider or something my car ride pretty smooth so i don't think its from road bumps or nothin like that idk

Your setup sounds il dc98hoe my next subs are going to be two 15" AA mayham's and i tring to sell my two Mrp-m2000's and one directed 1100d (old school) on ebay to get a crescendo 5500 but no one seems to want to buy them.

Why do you have your sub volume maxed?Have you tryed turning that down to see if it helps. This is very hard for me to say this but......there is such a thing as too much bass.......eeeekss sorry its hard to say that!!!!!!

another f&%ed up thing is alot of the times song that don't bump all that much like (Snap Backs & Tattoo's) Make it happen alot but something loud as s*%# like (Mercy) or damn near any 40 water s*%! does it less often.

One thing you should check would be the connections to the subs cause if your getting intermittent sound then something is loose and losing connection either at the amp or the subs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived