Second Skin Audio

help w/ dc audio level 4 m2 15s ported box design

These are the outside measurements which is. Wide 50.5in.in. depth 16in. height i can go up to 32in. And its a nissan pickup ext. Cab. Let me know if its better subs up and port up or subs up port towards the driver side. Recommended space they ask for is 3.25 cu.ft. but im also overpowering the sub. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm gonna give each 15 3cu.ft. after displacement. The subs and port are gonna be facing up. Port on driver aside and subs on passenger side. My depth of the box is 16 in so the subs fit perfect. The port facing up is gonn be next to the sub so the height is gonna be 14.5 inch subtracting the 1.5 in from the .75 in of the wood. My question is should i make my port wider our smaller cause i don't want too much port noise and how long should it be to tune it to 33 hz. The box total volume is about 7 cubes so if any one can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

This would need to be done to reach 6 cubes and enough port area to avoid port noise:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.5 Hz

Vb = 6.0 ft^3

External Height = 20 in

External Width = 50.5 in

External Depth = 16 in

Port Width = 5 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 50 1/2 x 16

Left & Right Sides = 14 1/2 x 18 1/2

Front & Back = 50 1/2 x 18 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Top to Bottom = 12 3/4 x 14 1/2

Extension = 2 x 14 1/2

Assembly guide (GENERIC DIMENSIONS):

DDSB-SUPU.jpg

Make sure to make a top to bottom crossbrace between the subs.

Edited by Joe X

Id there any way to keep the depth of the box at 16 in.? That's my max space i got to work with on the depth and what's the height of the port and the length with the width being 5.25 in.?

Yes, I modified the height, the (updated) 5 3/4 is the port width, the port height or in this case the port depth is given by the box depth less the 1.5 from the front and back walls, if you just cut the parts listed it all assembles as shown in the sketchup. Any other questions let me know.