i wouldnt ..like dc98hoe says they create resistance.. i just learned something as well.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Isolators prevent your under-the-hood battery from becoming damaged because of a larger dead or low battery in the back sucking all of the juice off of it when you turn the car off. The battery in the back will still start the car but if the one under the hood is completely KO'd it will never charge again. This is a rare issue and you would have to do something stupid in the first place to cause such a thing, you would have to somehow discharge the rear battery independent of the front which would still be connected.

@fosgatefan821 Of course isolators create resistance, it's good to keep in mind that most everything you attach between the two points a wire runs between creates SOME resistance.

I'm gonna hate

Isolators prevent your under-the-hood battery from becoming damaged because of a larger dead or low battery in the back sucking all of the juice off of it when you turn the car off. The battery in the back will still start the car but if the one under the hood is completely KO'd it will never charge again. This is a rare issue and you would have to do something stupid in the first place to cause such a thing, you would have to somehow discharge the rear battery independent of the front which would still be connected.

@fosgatefan821 Of course isolators create resistance, it's good to keep in mind that most everything you attach between the two points a wire runs between creates SOME resistance.

But will the way I'm thinking with connecting the rear battery straight to the alt instead of front battery work?

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

But will the way I'm thinking with connecting the rear battery straight to the alt instead of front battery work?

Why not, the charge lead between your battery and alternator is always hot. It makes no difference whether you connect it to the alt or battery directly. If you already have wire run for your amps connect that to the new battery then connect the amps to the new battery. That's the easiest way to add batteries if you ask me.

I'm gonna hate

Yes you're correct. I wasn't thinking properly. Brain fart. Thank you tho.

1998 Ford Contour

Yes you're correct. I wasn't thinking properly. Brain fart. Thank you tho.

Happens to me all of the time, but that's why I ask questions on here! :P I'll be waiting to see that Icon, I love SSA subs.

I'm gonna hate

I love the Icon. I just got it in the mail the other day. Now I just need a DD-1 to tune my amp. That may be my next purchase after I get some 0 Gauge for Big 3 and a run to my back battery.

1998 Ford Contour

So you want to run 2 1/0 gauge wires off your power post on your alternator? 1 to the front battery and 1 to the rear?. If so that may end up being alot of stress on the alternator positive post. I would just do it like most everyone else with 1 alt and do the big 3 then do the runs of 1/0 from front battery to rear battery.

Yeah, thats what I'm going to do. After I got over my brain fart thats what I decided.

1998 Ford Contour

So with the second battery I'm putting in my trunk I should just run my now power wire to the positive on my alt and use the run going to my trunk? & no big 3 would be needed then correct?

As of right now my 1/0 is attached right to the post on my fuse box where the alt drops power off to. Can I keep it like that and just connect to my rear battery cause how I see it its the same thing. Fused on both sides of course

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)