Body lift vs suspension Lift kits

I run fabtech on mine, theyre a nice brand thats affordable as far as bang for buck goes theyre the top of mid level kits. You can run CST but theyre on the higher end of the spectrum, and theres also rough country, sky jacker, pro comp, all make decent products for mid level. I also run dual fox reservoirs, not necessary but make the ride much better.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

A body lift will give you the look but the downside to doing a body lift is a lot of the time you have to install a steering column extender and extend the shift linkage. with a suspension lift you will get the look and the extra ground clearance and the only thing you might have to extend is the brake lines and get longer shocks but good kits come with longer shocks. unless you go stupid high then you need to worry about driveshaft angles and such. but you dont have to worry about that unless youre planning on lifting your truck around 8+in. Go with a suspension lift. they may cost a lil more but they are worth it. I recommend Skyjacker lifts. http://skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=21761

edit: Also if youre planning on lifting your truck 3-4 inches, I would recommend getting 35in tires. 33s look too small in those wheel wells with 4in of lift.

I found this one what do y'all think.

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_3.html

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

How about a fabtech 4 inch lift

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

You would love a fabtech. I have been around lifted trucks my entire life. I love them, i also managed a four wheel drive off road shop for a few years. I have dealt with all brands of lifts. They are like anything else, you get what you pay for. Do not buy rough country they are crap. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what you should do but you will definately like the suspension lift show much more than a body lift. Before you do anything look into your local laws and see whats legal, it will save you a lot of headache. I would reccomend a fabtech or cst. If i had to guess the pic you posted is a six inch kit with 35's. I dont know what you use your truck for but you will always want bigger so i would go six instead of four. Take your time, look at vehicles where you live. If you notice a lifted truck go look at it. If possible ask the owner what they like and dont like about the lift. That way you see it in person what you like. And lastly if you want to save about five or six hundred bucks dont pay someone to install it. Do it yourself its actually pretty easy if you follow the instructions. Best of luck to you. You already have one thing going for you, you will soon be driving a bad ass lifted chevy. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. keep us posted

I've gotta skyjacker 3" suspension and I love it. But if you want t to look like that other truck I'd put a small body lift (2") and then a suspension (3"). That would keep it somewhat price friendly without causing to much extra money for extending parts and lifting ur rear bumper up

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Archived