so you have a comp set wired to a head unit? if so, it most likely isnt supplying enough power to the speakers, and is clipping them. making them sound like shit.

yeah the comp. set is running off the HU. i did not have this problem with the speaker until i added my amp and subs though.

----reference's----

meade916

do any lights flicker on the car when the bass hits? is it only sounding funny when the bass hits? upgraded batt and alt?

stock electrical and it happens whether i am driving or at idle. stock electrical. i will find out more info tomorrow if i can send text videos with my phone will put one up too.

----reference's----

meade916

stock electrical and it happens whether i am driving or at idle. stock electrical. i will find out more info tomorrow if i can send text videos with my phone will put one up too.

well your sub amp draws power from your head unit via rcas right guys?

so theres power being drawn away if im correct, and then trying to put the power to run the comp set rated and like 30 watts or so each, from the head unit, cause most head units run 23 - 30 RMS x 4 channels @ like 4 ohms i think.

so i think chevy boy is right.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

thanks, but like i have been saying it is not a power issue. i took the door panel off today and the pos wire for the tweeter was loose. i tried to resolder it but no luck. so i put the sony 4x6 that i was using originally and it works perfect now. my inside speakers are lour as hell. i am still gonna run crunch components up front but i will be upgrading to the GTR series, hopefully in feb or march. the subs sound good they are just not as loud as i would like them to be. but i think once i figure out the tuning of this amp they will be nice. maybe in the low-mod 20's. overall it was a success and i a very pleased

----reference's----

meade916

well your sub amp draws power from your head unit via rcas right guys?

so theres power being drawn away if im correct, and then trying to put the power to run the comp set rated and like 30 watts or so each, from the head unit, cause most head units run 23 - 30 RMS x 4 channels @ like 4 ohms i think.

so i think chevy boy is right.

most head units put out like 15-22 rms per channel. i wish they were more though :)
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

most head units put out like 15-22 rms per channel. i wish they were more though :)

i knew it was somewhere between 15 - 30 cea rating.

wasnt 100% sure though

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well after a long time i finally got a update.

the lovely contact paper my wifer made me use for the box

Posted Image

this worked great to even the crooked corners

Posted Image

the glue i used. might not be the best, but this is how i do my upholstery work

Posted Image

almost done sorry for the crappy pics. i had to use my cell

Posted Image

just a close up of the contact paper. later tonight i will have comleted pics with the subs installed.

Posted Image

i doubled up on the carpet where the amp mounts are to help with vibrations. i got he carpet from a store here Big Lots. the box is 1. ft3 per chamber. airtight as hell. i used 1/2" MDF for it though, i was broke and my cousin let me use some that he had. well this is it for now it has been like 2 degrees for a week now. when the weather warms up i still have to put the dash completely back together, run and hide the Ai-net cable, run and hide the bass know wire, and finally install my other component set. it slams for some cheap ass subs. me and my cousin were both surprised. but i will be upgrading like i always do. i have never kept a system more than a few monthes.

----reference's----

meade916

Archived