Second Skin Audio

Help me bring my box to LIFE...

Hello everyone after much thinking and messing with numbers on torres box calculator. I have come up with option A for a box build. Hopefully with your knowledge and support i can leave it as option A or change it to option B.

Here are the measurements. Height 16'' Width 32 '' Depth 24 '' Round port at 11'' inches in diameter X 35''inches long

woofer displacement .38 wood thickness .75 Gross volume 5.76 and Net volume 3.37 Tunning at 42 hz

Port area 28.19 per foot port area 94.99 port volume 2.01cubic feet

The two candidates going in this box are two 12inch fi btl n3's. I went with the lowest recomendation size of 1.5cubicfeet per sub on fi's website. Considering ill be putting 3500 watts a piece to each sub. And my car is tiny lol. I realize with a port 35 inches long and the box size being small the port is going to be connected inside of the box with a elbow.

I tried using google sketch up so i could post a design... lets say after several hours didnt turn out too well for me.

So what do you guys think???????. Option "A" FTW? or ?

Waaaaaaay off lol.

shoot me a PM. i'd be glad to do a little something for you.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

a 35 inch port wouldn't even fit in a 32 inch box unless you have it partway outside the box, which you don't have accounted for.

And you have about twice as much port area as you need.

EDIT: just realized you said you would need an elbow. However it still may not fit depending on how much the depth of the port is before the elbow.

Read the link in my signature for the tutorial. It should give you some good info.

Archived