Sonic Electronix

I bought a car from a guy right? He took his system out of it and didn't bother pullin the fuse. I'm working on it at home and I realized what he did... The wires were siting about 2 inches apart. All it would have taken.... Instant conflagration.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

i was hooking up an amp today, while tightening the terminals on the amp, my allen wrenched touched the + and ground on the amp for a second making a huge spark (car was off). No fuses blew, amp still turns on just fine, no subs are hooked, is there any chance i still could have damaged anything? subs wont go in for a while so hope i wont see the problem once the subs are hooked up and the amp has a load on it (amp is a sundown 4.5k).

Not trying to scare you,

I did this with a 1000w MTX class d back in the day, it never worked again. It was kinda like taking a $900 shit.

Now that being said, these sundown, dc, dd, crescendo, aq amps all seem to be at an entire different level of quality than amps from 10 years ago, and still many other amps on the current market, thats by a visual observation of the guts compared to others. So I wouldn't be too worried, as long as its not in protect, its probably fine

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

when i did that about a month ago i bought a new amp.... :( had a 1501d thunder mtx.................... my baby

i was hooking up an amp today, while tightening the terminals on the amp, my allen wrenched touched the + and ground on the amp for a second making a huge spark (car was off). No fuses blew, amp still turns on just fine, no subs are hooked, is there any chance i still could have damaged anything? subs wont go in for a while so hope i wont see the problem once the subs are hooked up and the amp has a load on it (amp is a sundown 4.5k).

Not trying to scare you,

I did this with a 1000w MTX class d back in the day, it never worked again.

Now that being said, these sundown, dc, dd, crescendo, aq amps all seem to be at an entire different level of quality than amps from 10 years ago, and still many other amps on the current market, thats by a visual observation of the guts compared to others. So I wouldn't be too worried, as long as its not in protect, its probably fine

LOL, well we have established that MTX amps die immediately if you do this, LOL

Do you not have anything at all you could plug into it to see if it moves?

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

i some how shoked myself on my 18v bank..was floating at 18.2v nicely, dropped to 15v lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Eventually we all meet sparkie! :Doh:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

I was watching a friend hook up his amp and everytime he tried to put the power in the terminal it would pop and scare him, he did it like 3 times then finally i went and removed the fuse and it didnt do it. Always remove the fuses when doing shit like that.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

It's certainly not a good thing to do but if it just touched for a split second, you'll be fine. If the wires stayed together they would get hot enough and melt something internally I'm sure. I guess that's what the fuses are for.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-